Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil bud oil cooler for dynas

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 06:06 AM
0lowrider1
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

thanks for all the replies..i too am a little skeptical..but i like the idea of the cooler being hidden..i have seen some things work exceptionally well when by all accounts it shouldnt and leave you standing there scratchin your head..lol..ok..shadow..have you got the oil bud cooler mounted on your bike..? if so i would appreciate it if you could post some pics..again i appreciate all the replies

Old 02-14-2011, 06:50 AM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After SE Stage 1 recalibration and XIEDs my bike ran much cooler. i did get the larger Jagg / HD 9 row cooler for added protection and HD Syn3 lube in all 3 holes. Definitely don't have that extreme heat that was there before those mods.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:33 AM
==ShaDoW==
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its on the way from flea bay I may even do a write up when i put it on depends how lazy i am feeling, should be here sometime soon,

Old 02-15-2011, 12:41 AM
Los11
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ==ShaDoW==

Well I am not sure i agree with all of your ideas but for me I got it for the long rides in Australia where I am constantly riding in 44 degree heat (thats 110 plus for you guys) my idea is constant air flow will help cool my engine somewhat and that in turn should add some life to my ride, for 500 bucks I am happy with the idea that I am doing something to combat the heat when riding in summer

I am not saying oil coolers dont work, I am just saying for $600 I dont think its worth it.. I just think to many people bite on the idea of a oil cooler and they really dont need one. In your case I understand it... But if its 110 degrees out and your running a big motor that runs really hot there isnt much you can do.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:04 PM
daurwid
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For $105 Oil Cooler Fan Kit on Ebay, $300 For the HD 10 row Jag cooler on Ebay is still cheaper than the Bud and it can be placed in a better location more easily it seems.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:04 AM
AzBTO
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of replies but none with first hand knowledge of oil bud on dynas. Does anybody have it installed on their Dyna? I read the "rear section" can be used as a jack point for the dynas so am curious if this eliminates the need for special / modified jack... anybody know?

Old 04-02-2017, 11:33 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by seniorsuperglideE8
Oil coolers (imho) are most effective when air is flowing thru the fins across the coils, like an auto radiator, On the Oil Buds unit I don't see the efficiency is there. Call me a skeptic. Another thing is the coils are right under the bottom of the engine/trans pans/oil pans, where does one suppose the heat from the oil is going? Unless there is a reverse airflow when the bike is moving at speed? Yep, call me a skeptic. I've got mine on both bikes hanging out in the breeze.
Exactly. Unless your in Arizona or commuting in downtown bottle-neck traffic like LA or along those lines too much emphasis is being placed on oil coolers. The object of anyone with an air cooled motor is to 'move the air' over that engine. You should keep in mind the MoCo has proving grounds in extremely hot climates where they punish bikes to failure to make sure they can handle it. One of them is in Yuma Arizona (I used to live in AZ), an excellent location to do research and development.
As far as this particular oil cooler, your not going to get as much air movement thru it as one that's 'Hanging out in the breeze'. My 02 cents.