Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the itch for a new bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 11:29 AM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Got the itch for a new bike

Sold my 08 Street Bob last year. Now have those cravings , for a new bike.

Found a 2010 Superglide Custom today, Black Ice color, new for 12,700. Ready for delivery here in Seoul, previous buyer could not get financed.

Found a 2011 FatBob Sedona Orange in Oregon, dealer will add windshield, Sissy bar and luggage rack, $16,900 but will have to pay at least 1,000 to ship here.

Really want the Fatbob for the wider tires and the dual front discs.

I have a new brake caliper assembly for a Dyna, any idea how much trouble/Cost to mod the Super glide to add dual front brakes? I guess need a rotor, and another Master Cylinder?

Thanks, this bike stuff is surely an addiction. Tried to get over it, can't have to have that fix, of exhaust sound, and wind.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:23 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Go for it Mike ... that is a pretty wide range of options ... you can fit a pretty wide front wheel on the Custom's mid-glide forks ... I believe there is someone with a CrossBones front wheel on a Street Bob with mid-glide ....

Also, you could swap out the whole Fat Bob front end (dual disc and all) ... probably for less than the ~$5,000 difference in price you're looking at ....

You could get on the Custom tomorrow ... shipping from Oregon is going to take a couple of days ...

Old 03-10-2011, 10:59 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd go for the local bike. The differences you mention are not really worth the $5k. For that money difference you could have a bike making way north of 100 HP/torque or if looks are your thing, a very well decked out Super Glide Custom.

Old 03-12-2011, 04:44 AM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain

Got a quote for shipping the Fat Bob to Korea, $4900 from claridon Logistics, who is the shipper for HOG.

So looks like the Superglide, or I just suffer.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:24 AM
kirk180
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a bias love the Superglide Custom. But based on your original post, it doesn't sound like you're 100% sold on the bike. Do you like the bike, or not? If not then I wouldn't get it and I'd just wait for the right one to come along.

Last edited by kirk180; 03-12-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:54 AM
AFMM3
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Just so you know, the Fat Bob fork sliders having the right side brake is not the only difference with the Superglide sliders. For some reason, the fender mount holes have a different spread and reusing the SG fender would require redrilling it's mount holes. I used Fat Bob triple trees but kept the Street Bob forks on mine.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:01 PM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kirk180
I have a bias love the Superglide Custom. But based on your original post, it doesn't sound like you're 100% sold on the bike. Do you like the bike, or not? If not then I wouldn't get it and I'd just wait for the right one to come along.
Good point. Over here a bit different. They only have s few duty free bikes to choose from. Shipping single bikes from the US is expensive. So you wind up picking the bike they have that is closest to what you would like to have. the Superglde, I'm looking at is black ice, and because it is a 2010, 2,000 off.

So I think if I do the mods to add the dual disc's wider front tire, put a Sputhe stablizer on the front, I will have a solid ride that brakes and handles better than a stock Dyna.

Dyna is the perfect size and weight. Touring bike to big and heavy for everyday use, Sportster requires to much attention when riding it. They are top heavy and not comfortable on long rides. Now I understand why many have two or three bikes. They are all made to serve different purposes.

Thanks for your excellent insight.