Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tank Lift Sources

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 01:46 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Tank Lift Sources

I hear that there is a felow that makes / sells Jackyl tank lifts. Can't find contact info or prices on Google anywhere. Is this the best looking and strongest method to lift my Wide Glide's tank 2" please?

Old 03-29-2011, 01:55 PM
cycler
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Do a search for Jackyl on this website and then PM him. The guys name is Jackyl. I bought my dads 2 inch lift from him about 4 weeks ago. Took 10 mins to install.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:55 PM
SodFather
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a link to one of jackyl's kits...not the right one but you can send a msg to him about correct one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...item20b82cf0b9

Old 03-29-2011, 04:20 PM
stev0n
Road Master

Home Depot.

In the DIY under $50 thread. It cost me about $4 been on for about 5 months & looks great!

Old 03-30-2011, 08:38 AM
cmonster
Tourer

Originally Posted by stev0n
Home Depot.

In the DIY under $50 thread. It cost me about $4 been on for about 5 months & looks great!
yup,1'' steel strap bench vice and a drill -clean em up and paint em

Old 03-30-2011, 08:56 AM
twofish
Road Master

2” Jackyl Tank Lift on my Street Bob:
http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/...t=DSCN0325.jpg

2” Jackyl Tank Lift on my Night Train:
http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/...est-2-copy.jpg

His price and quality works for me.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:45 PM
stev0n
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dawg Rider
Another tank lift (about 1.5" is what I was after)...really no different than some others that have been done, except that it takes even less work because I used two of these (the flat bracket part):

The holes are already there, so no drilling required, plus they are slotted a bit so you actually have some adjustability if you want it (I didn't as Iput them all the way down). I used short black hex type socket head cap screws with stainless nylon lock nuts. In this pic you can see the raw brackets when I put them on for a test run to see how it would look/work.

I took them off and ran down the street to an indy guy's shop that I know and used his bench grinder to round and smooth the edges (No shop equipment atmy daughter's house in town where I keep the bike). Then all it needed was some sanding and painting (I was already painting some other stuff). When I put them back on, I decided to go inside the tank tabs this time.The finished product ispretty much invisible, and feels very solid.Total cost wasless than $5 (since I had the paint already), it took very little time, and the grinder was the only thing Ineeded that wasn't in my truck tool box.

Finished product from a distance:

Here's the DIY.

If you're hell bent on needlessly throwing money away for one that costs more to do the exact same thing, then you can just donate it to me!

Old 03-30-2011, 01:56 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by stev0n
Here's the DIY.

If you're hell bent on needlessly throwing money away for one that costs more to do the exact same thing, then you can just donate it to me!
Too easy, I'm on the case shortly.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:26 PM
snookums
Tourer

I wish i would have known that before the wife spent money on one. i did a 3" on my FB and it looks real good. Gas leaked out until someone on here said to push the cap down and click it two more times. problem with that is, now i have a scratch on the tank from it around the neck.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:46 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

jackles kits are just awesome! i make everything myself here in the shop... but quality work is quality work. i have a jackel tank lift on ym bike, hog rida custom bars, and a TON of loner industries custom CNC work!
all 3 make some wicked products that i use and my customers use all the time
you can see it in the top left... so clean, vanishes when your tank is on, and you do not have 2 plates stuck to the side of your tank

Quick Reply: Tank Lift Sources