Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lookin for a good solo seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 03:14 PM
nutter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomzilla
i have an 08 street bob solo on my 01 fxdl and i love it. also not to thread jack but how tall apes and riser you got on your bike? and how tall are you? im about to put apes on mine and im just looking for a general idea of how tall to go.
how does the 08 seat fit on your 01 did u haveto change it or anything, any pics? most seats are for 06 and newer or 05 and older. im 5'10 my bars are 12s with a 1.5 riser. i love em they sit a lil below my sholders and are super comfy, 1000 times better than the stalk bars n pullback risers

Old 04-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the C&C 2 Piece Solo, Lepera Silhouette Solo and a Saddlemen Renegade Solo for the 06 SB.

C&C Solo is about the most comfortable for overall use. Saddlemen Renegade is great for longer rides.

The earlier Saddlemen Renegade Solo seats are a completely different seat than the 06 and later.

The Saddlemen for your year is a Sporty Lo Profile seat that looks great and has good back support. There are a few here but I haven't seen pic's of them lately.

Karsten

Old 04-09-2011, 04:12 PM
tomzilla
Advanced

That's perfect. Im 5'11" and im getting 14 in apes wath a 1 in riser. And mo, I didnt modify anything. The seat isn't " properly" on the bike, bit it dosnt move and its in the right spot. I'll try to get pics up.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:08 PM
gts500
Intermediate

I have a Mustang Tripper on my 09 FXDL. It's a very comfortable seat and I don't have any problems with sliding off the back.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:10 PM
NeverEnoughToys
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jojo2dog
sundowner solo from harley,been thru two mustangs, and a danny grey,and whent back to the sundowner,best fit best comfort for me,
If I could get that in a rider backrest version, I'd be all over it.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:19 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by D_A_N_O
I'm in the same boat and am Leaning towards the Corbin Hollywood Solo. It's a bit more expensive than the LePera Barebones and Silhouette, but i think the extra $100 or so will be worth the low pro look and added comfort. Sounds like those LePera's have quite the rep when it comes to being uncomfortable
+1 on that. When you look up uncomfortable in the dictionary, they used a pic of my silhouette solo for the example. Looks great on my wide glide and that's why I bought it.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

I bought a Corbin Classic Solo off ebay that I really like for the Fat Bob. It didn't have the backrest hardware. . . so I ended up ordering a new one with the hardwar because I like using the backrest every now and then (I have a Corbin Dual Tour and a backrest) and I have a bag that slips right over the backrest tightly and it's sort of cool to use that that way.

I recommend the Classic Solo, it's comfortable and looks great. Love leather seats.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:41 PM
rmecca06
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a corbin hollywood solo on the way, ill let you know how it feels when I ride with it...

Old 04-13-2011, 09:34 PM
nutter
Cruiser

after lookin around i have it down to a c&c... now to decide if i should get the lopro or reguler. its hard to see the big diffrence betwene the two...any help guys

Old 04-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Lo Pro in a little more like the Lepera Bare Bones in a Minimalistic seat. The 2 Piece has a little more area for your butt and a little back support.

I know there are a few riding Lo Pro's that can supply pic's.

Karsten

Quick Reply: lookin for a good solo seat