Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So close to buy a Dyna, but there is one big turnoff.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 07:41 PM
jdaws
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you rode the dyna yet?
Ride it, then see how you like it.
If you don't like it, don't buy it!

Old 04-09-2011, 07:50 PM
22duke
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HELLO

Was there any here that felt stepped on ?
I really want one, and has also accepted that they looks better than they drive And yes, i Have tried every single HD model.

But instead of you guys felt insulted. Could you then just please tell me why they chosed to build it like that way ?
Could they not just have made it like they have done with their Touring models. OR have I overlooked something, construction wise...

I really really want the Dyna, but I have to understand why I they made on that way.

Last edited by 22duke; 04-09-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:10 PM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a touring model then. Or get a car. It's a rubber mounted, air cooled, belt driven, v-twin Harley Davidson Dyna, and if I didn't like the 'poor design' I'd buy something else.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:29 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I for one agree with you that it's a **** poor design. It baffles me why Harley designed them the way they did. But, in all but the most aggressive riding situations the Dyna handles very well. I should know, I've owned three. If you're looking for a really well handling Harley then search for a used FXR. With used Harley prices down, you can pick one up for a reasonable price.

Btw, if a Dyna's what you really want, then why not invest in a True-Track or similar stabilizer? It fixes the bad design.

Last edited by fastjoe; 04-09-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:56 PM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Like I replied in another thread this evening:

"If we had to explain, you wouldn't understand".

Old 04-09-2011, 09:01 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

[quote=22duke;8168470]HELLO

Was there any here that felt stepped on ?
I really want one, and has also accepted that they looks better than they drive And yes, i Have tried every single HD model.

But instead of you guys felt insulted. Could you then just please tell me why they chosed to build it like that way ?
Could they not just have made it like they have done with their Touring models. OR have I overlooked something, construction wise...

I really really want the Dyna, but I have to understand why I they made on that way.[/quote]

Why is grass - green, the sky - blue.... etc..because that's the color the Big Guy made it... If you must know WHY they are the way they are, maybe you should talk to HD engineering. They are the only ones who truly know "Why".

Old 04-09-2011, 09:04 PM
dtone72rss
Cruiser

probably still a lame design because if they fix it they will be admiting guilt in having a lame design that has caused many people to go down at high speeds. maybe there would be some lawsuits coming there way if they fixed the problem.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:34 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Rear Swing Arm

NONE of the Harleys are out of the box racers...Come on, it's a push rod overhead valve engine. Lots of other manufactures make faster and more competitive bikes and Harleys are a cruiser style bike. Every single car I ever purchased, had limitations and ANY vehicle you will ever buy will have to be adapted to. A Harley is no different...If the motor and suspension on a Dyna give you the *******, there is always BMW or better yet Bimota...go for it.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:35 PM
A1ACruiser
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Eagle Has Landed

Originally Posted by force49r
Maybe you should try a Ducati Trike. I'd just stay away from H-D!
Check out the all new 2011 Moto Guzzi California Black Eagle.

Moto Guzzi California Black Eagle is a motorcycle which was launched by Moto guzzi in 2011. The shape and design that is very interesting and remarkable. Motorcycles are classified as classical type, attractive design and durability on the engine by using 90 ° V-Twin, 4 stroke, with a capacity of 744 cc engine which is equipped with air conditioning. Suspension is perfect to give comfort in the drive because it uses Marzocchi hydraulic telescopic fork, Ø 40 mm at the front and swing arm in light cast alloy with two dampers, adjustable preload to the rear. Accurate braking system using a single stainless steel floating disc, Ø 320 mm, 4 piston calipers for the front and a single steel disc, Ø 260 mm for the rear. Please enjoy driving comfort with using these motorcycles.

The owner at the local Moto Guzzi shop said that our HD motors are mounted the wrong way. What's up with that?

Attached Thumbnails So close to buy a Dyna, but there is one big turnoff.-moto-guzzi-california-black-eagle-in-2011.jpg   So close to buy a Dyna, but there is one big turnoff.-2011-moto-guzzi-california-black-eagle.jpg  

Last edited by A1ACruiser; 04-09-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:55 PM
bigpercentcountry
Tourer

Originally Posted by EricInNCa
Why is grass - green, the sky - blue.... etc..because that's the color the Big Guy made it... If you must know WHY they are the way they are, maybe you should talk to HD engineering. They are the only ones who truly know "Why".
I was going to say it Joe Dirt style, but you beat me to it. It just is! lol

Quick Reply: So close to buy a Dyna, but there is one big turnoff.