Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD&G CustomS ... Again!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 06:48 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man thats a bummer you have to put that licence plate on hour fender

Old 05-21-2011, 07:58 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I figure i would chime in 1 more time. I bought the DR02BL bag. I have only put about 200 or so miles on the bike with it installed. I am no realizing that the quick release buckles are to heavy for the bag and the bag to me is a little thin. I have the metal quick release buckles. I think i would of rather had plastic due to the weight. When i open the bag and drap the flap over my fender to put stuff away, alot of times the buckles wind up hitting my rear fender and my fear is i will chip the paint with it hitting. WIth it being a little thin. I would up cutting a piece of 1/4" plywood to the shape of the bag. I then inserted it in the bag and screwed it to the front. Just to stiffin the bag up a bit. Without this the bag was sort of colapsing on it self. I only have a pair of gloves and a few pairs of glasses in my bag. So In my opinion I would of liked a thicker bag.

Attached Thumbnails BAD&G CustomS ... Again!-p4060145.jpg  

Last edited by pontiac69; 05-21-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:55 PM
TrickySleeves
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone running the DL01BL plus 1 inch as a solobag? I'm starting to think now it may look kinda off...like i lost the right side bag with it being bigger. Seems like alot of people are going with the smaller bags for a solo.

Thanks for the feeback Pontiac...i was tempted to call and change my order but i think you've convinced me to stick with not having the quick release.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:14 AM
tcatnat
Road Master
Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

@pontiac69; I am afraid of the same thing after only putting about 30 miles on my bags yesterday. One thing I plan on also doing is cutting a 1x4 to size and placing in the bottom of the bag to keep it from sagging.

Again, overall I am happy with the bags. I was planning on quick release saddle bags but they cost almost 3x as much and I'd have to relocate my turn signals.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:30 AM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been reading a lot about these bags getting pretty floppy....I think that I will hold off for now and keep checking on them as time goes by.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:10 AM
love4steel
Cruiser

Originally Posted by thegrants82
I have been reading a lot about these bags getting pretty floppy....I think that I will hold off for now and keep checking on them as time goes by.
I fabricated an internal frame for mine out of 5/32 stainless wire. It wasn't "floppy" but I wanted it to hold the same shapes as it would if I had it filled with clothes. Its only leather ya know. I think these internal frames should come as an option cuz mine is like a drum now even when empty (which is most of the time)

Attached Thumbnails BAD&G CustomS ... Again!-img00006-20101020-1351.jpg   BAD&G CustomS ... Again!-img00017-20101020-1353.jpg  
Old 05-22-2011, 08:19 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Love4Steel that is exatly what is needed or just thicker leather. I want to say I am happy with the bag. I am just stating what i would like changed.
tcatnat i am with you on it being flimsy.
trickysleeves i personally would like it to be wider so i can get bigger stuff in it when neeeded. but i think if i went 1" wider it would be even more floopy. with the piece of wood inside the bag it now makes the bag on 3". so at this point i cant get anthing in it thats over 3". for now it works since i am only running a few small things.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:27 AM
gdaf72
Intermediate

Ditto on the floppy factor. I have the quick release buckles and they are a bit heavy but I think stiffening up the bag would make these second to none. Easy fitment and lots of room for such a small bag. Might go by a buddy'sshop to get something made up for the inside. @ The Grants, might have to steel your idea ! With these stiffened up a bit these bags would be second to none. Great product.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:50 AM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Has anyone experienced these bags when it rains? Do they leak much?

Old 05-24-2011, 06:57 AM
RadioBob
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeahin the rain my stuff started to get wet. It was aboutbthe third day of rain it happened. To be honest with the floppy ness and some otherbthings I have been a little disappointed in the bags

Quick Reply: BAD&G CustomS ... Again!