Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laconia

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 11:14 AM
rjheff
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Laconia

Any members from the Dyna forum headed to Laconia? It would be nice to meet up if possible.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:47 AM
goblin127
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking about it. I talked to people who I used to go up there with back in the early 80's and they talked me out of it. I have also heard from coworkers who have been in recent years and they were very disapointed.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It does seem to rain a lot up there during that time of year, but if you've never ridden Kancamagus Highway it would be worth the trip!

Old 05-04-2011, 01:00 PM
SEADADDY
Intermediate

I will be there mid-week. I've never been.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Lyle_O
Intermediate
Default Don't expect too Much.

I live about 1 hour from there in Manchester NH and I must say, it is very poorly organized. When walking around at the Weirs you feel like a sardine packed into a can. Cops all over the place giving you a hard time. You have to pay to get into the main area to listen to music under the tent. The lobster pound and the vendors there are basically on a hill with busted up asphalt everywhere. The problem is that it needs to be spread out. There is not enough room in the area that they have it. I went to Americade last year and must say that it is a much better experience. Better riding, people are much more friendlier and the girls are a 100 times better looking. Laconia looks like a leper colony. It is along a strip in Lake George that is spread out. The sidewalks are wide so that you are not bumping into everyone. I didn't see one cop harassing anyone at all, just a much better experience all around. Check it out. I am heading up again this year.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:47 PM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I am going. Been there almost every year since '84. A good friend lives in Gilford, right up the hill from Laconia, and he also has a cottage on Winnisquam. Departing on 6/10, hopefully meeting a buddy in Westchester for the ride up, returning to NYC on 6/20.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:55 PM
spaceblue
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Black Bart
It does seem to rain a lot up there during that time of year, but if you've never ridden Kancamagus Highway it would be worth the trip!
The Kank is nice but a little bumpy in spots. Now tell them about Bear Notch Road off the Kank to the north. Fresh pavement just last season, great scenery and lots of turns. One of my personal favs.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:03 PM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I live 15 miles south of Laconia and haven't been since 1974. I may head up there this year during the week just for a looksee but don't like the crowds.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:15 PM
biketroll
Tourer

Going mid week and maybe the last saturday.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

We are going the first weekend, will be coming from Ottawa Ontario Canada, hope it doesn't rain, because it's a 6 hour ride for me.

Quick Reply: Laconia