Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sad day ....didnt know that it would be this hard

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 10:01 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL SBRob!

Just me. Never liked them, even as a kid. I was always more interested in classic 60s muscle and import (European/Subaru) tuners. Sounds like an odd combo, but it's what I've liked since I was 5.

That said, I have pretty much lost all interest in cars, other than basic funtion. If given the option between a Road Glide Custom and a mint 69 Camero, I'd take the bike. Cars just seem more and more like gas hogging cages in my view.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:09 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,100 Likes on 1,637 Posts

Originally Posted by DSnoopy
LOL SBRob!

Just me. Never liked them, even as a kid. I was always more interested in classic 60s muscle and import (European/Subaru) tuners. Sounds like an odd combo, but it's what I've liked since I was 5.

That said, I have pretty much lost all interest in cars, other than basic funtion. If given the option between a Road Glide Custom and a mint 69 Camero, I'd take the bike. Cars just seem more and more like gas hogging cages in my view.
Ya' I put at least double the miles per year on my bike than I do the Vette...if I had to choose between the Vette and the bike, I'd keep the bike.

I've been considering selling the Vette so I can get a Street Glide and pay cash for it, but when I take the Vette out for a drive, it still puts a big grin on my face...

Last edited by SBRob; 05-05-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:15 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SBRob
I've been considering selling the Vette so I can get a Street Glide and pay cash for it, but when I take the Vette out for a drive, it still puts a big grin on my face...

That's all that matters!

Now if wives were as fun to ride as they were originally...... LMAO!!!!!

Old 05-05-2011, 10:56 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I had my bike in College...YEEEHA....and most of my friends who died were killed or seriously wounded in Vietnam. So, my perspective on death is probably very different than most of you young bucks. I was hit head on while in my early 20's and survived....so what I learned is that like Cowpokey said...you don't get to choose when you die unless you commit suicide.

I have had many muscle cars & porsches etc and none are as much fun as my motorcycle. You will kick yourself when you try to replace your Harley for what you sold it for.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:25 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

I sold my bike in college (a Honda Ascot V-Twin - nice bike btw), it was nearly 15 years later before I was able to get another bike - there was always something "in the way" - student loan payments, new house, etc. Something to think about.....

Old 05-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Basic
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've driven plenty of fast cars in the last few years from the new CTS-V to a CLS63 AMG and I wouldn't trade 10 drives for one ride on whatever bike I had at the time. I do want to get the new model CTS-V or an AMG here when my truck is paid off but never at the expense of getting rid of my bike. For me, nothing beats blowing down the freeway at 100 mph on two wheels. Save the vette for when you are 70 and keep that sweet scoot. My

Old 05-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Squirrel67
Cruiser

Sell a perfectly good bike to buy a cage?

Old 05-05-2011, 06:49 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowpokey
You don't get to pick when you die...my goal is to be doing something I enjoy when it happens. I'd bet your buddy would be disappointed if you quit doing something you love because of him. Much like if it happens to me, I wouldn't want anyone stopping their love of two wheels because of it.

Your decision, you can always get another bike.
Well said!

Old 05-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Gringoloco13
Road Master

A vette and college? In all honesty, I own three vehicles that require premium gas, 04 SRT-4 my daily driver, it is around $45 to fill up and my 01 Lightning and is over $100 to fill up (weekend warrior gas is getting too expensive). My bike only costs me $17 and change to fill up. Save the money you will pay on insurance, maintenance and higher monthly payment for the vette and put it for books and college costs man. Keep the bike since it is paid for and pick up a nice DD that is cheap on gas, maintenance, insurance, etc. A lower mileage used Corolla would be my choice if I was just getting into college. Not the coolest car to have but it is way more practical and economic in college. Save the vette for after you graduate for a graduation present. IMHO, but do as you wish

Old 05-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,411 Likes on 3,309 Posts

oNE OF MY FRIENDS SOLD HIS gOLDWING AND BOUGHT A FINE 07 z06... I couldn't do it...i love a bike too much...even if it was a cheap POS i would have to have 1...

Quick Reply: Sad day ....didnt know that it would be this hard