Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front End Wobble on my Super Glide

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:25 PM
cknight98
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front End Wobble on my Super Glide

Hey guys, on the way home from todays ride i noticed some front end wobble on my Super Glide. i noticed it when i removed my left hand from the handlebars and was using my cramp buster as a cruise control on the throttle, so not a tight grip on the grip. i pulled over to check the front wheel, its tight. took back off again and removed both hands from the handlebars up at speed and it starts with a slow wobble and gets worse until you grab it again. under ~ 35mph it doesnt do it... i was only a few miles from home so i rode on home holding on tight

it was late and i havent had time to check more things, but what do you guys think? could tire pressure do that? or what about wheel weights/unbalanced front wheel? i'm really hoping its not something like a brake rotor. i'm gonna dive into it tomorrow but just wondered what your opinions were on it...thanks for reading!

Old 06-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Squirrel67
Cruiser

I had the same problem with my 06, checked fall away, wheel balance, tire pressure, etc... would get wobble at 80ish on the hwy. Nothing seemed to help until I installed a SE fork brace now it's rock solid at any speed I have tried and also tracks like its on rails around curves, one of the best investments I have made for my bike imho. I also did the Ricor upgrade to my front end, that did improve the ride but it did not really help with the high speed wobble but I also like the results of that upgrade to the front end. hope this helps.

Last edited by Squirrel67; 06-07-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:36 AM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

My friend had a wobble on his Glide but it was his windshield.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:03 AM
fskitch
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 160 Posts

I had the same problem. Only happened 45 to 50mph. It was near time to change the front tire. Changed it and had the wheel balanced and it went away. Started again 5000 miles later, balanced front wheel and it stopped. I'm going to go with an Avon 110 90 19 next tire change. Was running stock dunlop 100 90 19's. Not sayin thats your problem but it seemed to be mine. I wanna get a fork brace eventually too.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:49 AM
cknight98
Cruiser

thanks for all the advice guys. i suspected maybe my windshield to but i havent pulled it to find out. i am getting near due for a front tire...perhaps it is just out of balance.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:12 PM
baxter
Road Warrior

check for too much clearence in between wheel and spacers, had same problem and that was cure.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:16 PM
SIDECAR BOB
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

sounds like new front tire time
would look at that first

Old 06-10-2011, 03:33 PM
cknight98
Cruiser

ok guys, i got most of my wobble took care of today. my forks where out of alignment making my front wheel not run true. got it aligned up and got my trees tightened up, i still have some very slight wobble from 40-50mph but its totally gone everywhere else. i think now its just the wear on my front tire thats uneven where it hasnt been tracking straight...its almost time for a new front tire anyways so it will be 100% resolved soon. i think i will spring for a fork brace shortly...just gotta do some research on them to figure out which one. thanks for all your guys help!

Old 06-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Speed Kills
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check BOTH wheels for loose spokes. Just a handful of loose spokes in my rear wheel caused a bad wobble at speed. Truing it up made all the difference.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Try Dyna beads for balancing,if your tire wears, the beads will keep it in balance.

As far as brace, try the Super Brace...there a sponsor here.

Quick Reply: Front End Wobble on my Super Glide