Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Homemade windshield for FXDBi with Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:53 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, That is a feature. Probably not the best feature, but it is removable. I think when it is completed. Everyone who has something rude to say about it will have to pull their foot out of their mouth.
Funny thing to me is people buy a 30,000 dollar bagger, and complain about the windshield. They buy a $300.00 Memphis Shade, and they complain about it. They buy a Wind Vest, and complain. Fly Trap and complain. On and On.
This little contraption works without complaint. Agreed I made it so I am bias, but it works. It works great.

When it is completed. It will look good, and still be very functional. Another thing that gets me is people buy a derby cover, new bars, and smoked lens covers, and most everybody on here is like. Damn! Good job!. Nice customizations. I am trying to better my ride with homemade manufacturing, and I get hell. People are just phucked up. Bunch of GD doctors and wanna be bike owner MF'rs. Should I use this oil or that oil? Will NGK work better than Champion vs. Harley plugs.
I saw a guy wearing ankle socks with his boots. What kinda biker is he. A bunch of you pukes need to get your damn life straight. I think we have weeded out about 20 trolls on this board today. Here for nothing. NOTHING! Nothing but to down people, waste disk space, and peoples time.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:03 PM
greenstreetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You shoulda powdercoated it all black or added a tank lift.....that's sure to get you a bunch of ooh's and aah's.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:44 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

A friend of mine, that I do off road riding with, did something similar with his yamaha wr250r, and and everyone around us said, "neat farkle, man. What type of sheeting did you use?". maybe you want to toss the idea out on chop cult or the horse. guys there appreciate things that come from one's hands and personal engineering. I thought it looked pretty neat. Not a double bubble, but, hey it works, and that's what counts...tp

Old 07-07-2011, 09:28 AM
drnk_n_publick
Road Captain

Originally Posted by greenstreetbob
You shoulda powdercoated it all black or added a tank lift.....that's sure to get you a bunch of ooh's and aah's.
Haha +1 on that

Old 07-07-2011, 09:39 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by greenstreetbob

+2

That's what I will do.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:06 AM
mud
muderator
Received 8,793 Likes on 2,068 Posts

moved a buncha kindergarden type trolling to the trash

Old 07-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Green Hornet
Road Master

i hope you continue on with designing it. i am always into trying to make things myself as well. kudos for trying and i hope you continue to try to improve on your ideas! im gonna laugh when he hits the million dollar idea and all you are buying his products! haha j/k as long as your homemade windshield does its purpose, im happy for you!

Old 07-07-2011, 10:08 AM
harlista01
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think if it is functional then that is what matters. If this is his first prototype or last that is the man's bike not ours.

I am sure it could use some refinement but maybe this was his first try, either way, I appreciate OP effort in trying to do something.

Lets see what the final product would be once he cleans up the mounting brackets if he does.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:11 AM
duffy1
Advanced

Hey keep an eye on the folds as the copper will begin to stress crack from the vibration.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:17 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior

Thanks. I am wanting to replace the copper with aluminum or steel. I am working on a drawing to help others see what I am thinking of doing

Quick Reply: Homemade windshield for FXDBi with Pics