Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani Road Rage Series II installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Just Enough
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Good Apollo,
The Road Rage looks great. As for your brake lever. Loosen the two 3/8th mounting bolts that mount the foot peg to your frame. Pull the front one out and slide a 3/8 washer in between the mount and the frame (only on the front bolt) and reinstall the bolt and tighten everything. This will angle out the foot peg assembly just the slightest amount but the brake lever should now clear your pipe. This worked for me when I was running mid pegs.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Enough
Good Apollo,
The Road Rage looks great. As for your brake lever. Loosen the two 3/8th mounting bolts that mount the foot peg to your frame. Pull the front one out and slide a 3/8 washer in between the mount and the frame (only on the front bolt) and reinstall the bolt and tighten everything. This will angle out the foot peg assembly just the slightest amount but the brake lever should now clear your pipe. This worked for me when I was running mid pegs.
Thanks for the tip! I actually just ordered a new pedal off ebay, the indie pretty much destroyed the looks of mine trying to "bend it out" as well as knicking the hell out of the heat shields. I won't be going back there, my usual Indie is a bit further away but they were closed this weekend for a chopper show they had some of their bikes entered in. So I will try the washer tip with the new pedal and if it clears I'll just powder it and slap it on!

FYI - Picked up a can of Krylon BBQ paint in satin finish and some touch up brushes, sprayed the paint on some cardboard and touched up the knicks with the brush. The color is pretty close, have to be about a foot away to notice, so I think I will save my money on getting the shields re-powdered. I'll touch up the area under the pedal after I fix this issue.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior

Sorry guys, just wanted to vent. The more I think about how bad these guys scratched up my heat shields, the more ticked off I get! And the BBQ paint actually does stick out like a sore thumb in the sunlight, it's all just very irritating. More that I have to drop the cash on getting them re-coated to cover their mistake, lesson learned I guess. I won't be going back there, I'll stick to my regular trusted guys even though they are further away. Should have just waited until today!

Also, I doubt I can just coat the shields, I will have to get the muffler re coated as well to make sure it all matches.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:20 AM
BftXJ
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the same pip in chrome and love it!! mine wasnt such pain in the azz to fit tho. are you sure you got the one for mid controls? i cant remember but they may make one for mid and forward controls

Old 07-25-2011, 09:22 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

very nice pipe. Sorry the install was so rough.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:37 AM
jpace024
Road Master

Originally Posted by BftXJ
i have the same pip in chrome and love it!! mine wasnt such pain in the azz to fit tho. are you sure you got the one for mid controls? i cant remember but they may make one for mid and forward controls
Can you post some pics of the chrome one on your bike.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BftXJ
Yeah, the Series II is for forward or mids according to Bassani. I ordered a new brake pedal because the idiots destroyed the look of mine trying to "bend it to fit" and now the brake pedal flops around a bit too, like the messed up the bushing. I'm going to ship the mount with a washer as well as grind the new pedal down a little bit to make sure I have extra clearance.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:44 AM
jpace024
Road Master

Originally Posted by Good_Apollo
Sorry guys, just wanted to vent. The more I think about how bad these guys scratched up my heat shields, the more ticked off I get! And the BBQ paint actually does stick out like a sore thumb in the sunlight, it's all just very irritating. More that I have to drop the cash on getting them re-coated to cover their mistake, lesson learned I guess. I won't be going back there, I'll stick to my regular trusted guys even though they are further away. Should have just waited until today!

Also, I doubt I can just coat the shields, I will have to get the muffler re coated as well to make sure it all matches.
They should pay for it. They just ruined a $700 exhaust and your brake pedal. Post their name so no one else wastes time or money going to a subpar shop.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jpace024
They should pay for it. They just ruined a $700 exhaust. Post their name so no one else wastes time or money going to a subpar shop.
Agreed they should pay for it, but I seriously doubt I will get any traction with them. They stick to the story that it was scratched when it came in, which it had one tiny knick on it from me, now it has about 10 or more.

Hunt's Hog Shop if anybody was wondering. They are competent mechanics I am sure, but they only care that it works, not how it looks. I can tell this by looking at their bikes and I should have known better.

However, if anybody is looking for an excellent shop in Mid-Michigan that does awesome work, check out Hammer in Hand Custom Cycles in St Johns, MI, I have nothing but good things to say about these guys. I think the difference is that these guys are craftsman and they care about how things look. They sometimes take longer to get things done, but they do it right. http://www.hammerinhandcycles.com/
Still wishing I would have waited and had them do it. Ah well...hindsight

Old 07-25-2011, 10:27 AM
TXcruzin
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Good_Apollo
Thanks man! The sound is amazing on this thing, it has a low menacing deep idle, and as soon as you open it up it sounds like it is devouring souls!

LOL ! What a description. They look great.

Quick Reply: Bassani Road Rage Series II installed