Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani Road Rage Series II installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Good_Apollo
Sorry guys, just wanted to vent. The more I think about how bad these guys scratched up my heat shields, the more ticked off I get! And the BBQ paint actually does stick out like a sore thumb in the sunlight, it's all just very irritating. More that I have to drop the cash on getting them re-coated to cover their mistake, lesson learned I guess. I won't be going back there, I'll stick to my regular trusted guys even though they are further away. Should have just waited until today!

Also, I doubt I can just coat the shields, I will have to get the muffler re coated as well to make sure it all matches.
Maybe you should contact JRK here in the Dyna Section. He does a lot of powder coating and lives in the Chicago area. I'm sure he'd be glad to help you out. And...his work is outstanding!

Old 07-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Bart
Maybe you should contact JRK here in the Dyna Section. He does a lot of powder coating and lives in the Chicago area. I'm sure he'd be glad to help you out. And...his work is outstanding!
Yeah, my rims and handlebars are coated by him actually. However, there is a local shop that also does excellent work so this time around I may save on shipping and have them spray the high temp powder.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:46 PM
2XNightTrain
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man! The sound is amazing on this thing, it has a low menacing deep idle, and as soon as you open it up it sounds like it is devouring souls!
DO a video and let us hear it bro!!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2011, 08:52 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by jpace024
Can you post some pics of the chrome one on your bike.
I need to get some better pics, but here is chrome in the long version. Its a pia to get to the oil dipstick if the pipes are hot.

Attached Thumbnails Bassani Road Rage Series II installed-bassani.jpg  
Old 07-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Sumpnut
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd be more pissed off with Bassini than the indie..they supplied you with an exhaust that did'nt fit properly as per their description.If more people got back to them then maybe they could/would do adjustments to future pipes that they sold so future customers would'nt have to go through the same trouble as you did. They do look good though and I also think they're one of the better looking 2-1 systems..

Old 07-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior

Shimmed my front motor tonight following the procedure I've read about on here. It had a huge gap in it when I put the jack under the motor and made the screws neutral so they would spin out by hand. I noticed absolutely no difference in ride quality (never vibrated all that much to begin with) but was able to get 4 washers top and 4 bottom.

After the shim, the ride was exactly the same but I now have plenty of clearance on the front pipe.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:52 AM
Sonny's World
Road Captain

The sound is amazing on this thing, it has a low menacing deep idle, and as soon as you open it up it sounds like it is devouring souls!
I think I came.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Sonny's World
I think I came.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:18 AM
BftXJ
Cruiser

sorry iwas out for a few days heres the pic of mine in chrome.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:04 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sound and power are amazing, install was an absolute nightmare. The front pipe was touching the frame and I couldn't get it lined up so it wasn't. Spent literally 3 or 4 hours messing around with this finally pulled the pipe off and put the stock back on and took it to a local indie shop. Have no idea what they did, but they got the pipe fitted but it is a TIGHT fit, at idle the heat shield still lightly taps the frame on occasion, but I can live with that. Also, my brake pedal rubs the rear heat shield, and I did not realize this until I have already rubbed a hole in the ceramic coat

Plan is to eventually take the pedal off, grind it down, coat it black, and then have the heat shields re-coated to cover up the brake pedal scuffs as well as some other nicks that both I and the indie put in the rear heat shield from installing, holy crap this thing is hard to install!

Pic:

One word............"Sweet"

Quick Reply: Bassani Road Rage Series II installed