Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Changing out triple tree/integrated risers on 2011 Street Bob- what all do I need? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/677861-changing-out-triple-tree-integrated-risers-on-2011-street-bob-what-all-do-i-need.html)

meatpunch 08-16-2011 07:58 PM

Changing out triple tree/integrated risers on 2011 Street Bob- what all do I need?

I just installed 12" RSD Vintage Apes on my 2011 Street Bob and also used the 1" Loner Industries riser. Looks great.. but feels like sh*t. WAY too much vibration compared to stock. I cant stand it, so once again I am going to lighten the load on the wallet (can you say MONEY PIT lol) in order to make this right.

I decided the reason the vibration is more excessive than the stock mini-apes is due to how rigid the RSD Vintage bars are compared to stock. That combined with the solid-mount integrated risers basically takes all vibration and shoots them up the bars. I have thought of going the Vibranator route (bar weights) but the company does not respond to emails and I think that may be a band-aid solution to my problem.

I went ahead and decided to swap out the factory triple tree/integrated risers and use a standard triple tree with bushings. Basically my question is the following:

What EXACTLY do I need (parts-wise) to accomplish this task? Searching the interweb and this forum I have already chosen and ordered the following parts:

1) 49mm Fork Top Triple Tree for 2006-2007 Harley FXD Dyna Super Glide (Vtwin OEM replacement Part #24-0924-VT)

2) Roland Sands 3" Moto Riser

3) Arlen Ness Gooden Tight Handlebar Damper/Bushings part number GT-1D

Is this all I should need to accomplish this swap? Do I need any type of bolts or hardware, and where would I need to buy them? Has anyone been in a similar position and this remedied their vibration issues? Sorry for so many questions. I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

rockon 08-16-2011 10:35 PM

I've always heard great things about the bushing swap...haven't done it myself yet because I've still got stock bars.

night09train 08-16-2011 10:39 PM

if you search the web you can find cheaper top trees than the stock replacement which is a lot of $ i think i got mine for 130. i used the harley ureathane bushings and its still going strong.

DCLXVI 08-16-2011 10:40 PM

You might need a new top handlebar clamp if those risers don't come with one.

meatpunch 08-16-2011 10:58 PM

I got the upper clamp brand new for $132 shipped ... its basically made by Vtwin or something.. an OEM replacement.. just google the part number I posted above :)

Also the RSD risers have top clamps already but thanks for the suggestion!

I also found I will need Riser Hardware bolts, as my bike doesn't have any bolts. Harley part number 63027-05

I think that should be it... can't wait to see how much better this feels w/ bushings and not straight metal-on-metal mounting (what were they thinking?!!)

Vins 08-16-2011 11:36 PM

Sounds like you struck gold. Didn't see my '08 before I ordered it and didn't know about the integrated top. Pissed me off! All you need is the top triple clamp, bolts, bushings and risers. I swapped the whole triple for a wide frontend. A WHOLE lot more pain!

jshull 08-17-2011 07:00 AM

The only problem I see us you need a 2008 and up tree off a super glide. The older ones are a different style.

Tat2u 08-17-2011 07:15 AM

Doing the wiring is also another pain in the arse part of the job when changing the top tree but at least the connectors can stay on if your not changing the bars

meatpunch 08-17-2011 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by jshull (Post 8704680)
The only problem I see us you need a 2008 and up tree off a super glide. The older ones are a different style.

I bought this:

http://www.debrix.com/ProductDetails...ode=24-0924-VT

This should work, right??

SC-Longhair 08-17-2011 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tat2u (Post 8704716)
Doing the wiring is also another pain in the arse part of the job when changing the top tree but at least the connectors can stay on if your not changing the bars

Wiring is not a pain in the butt. It's just a time-consuming part of the job that is not to be rushed.

I never have understood why harley chose to use integrated risers on the street bob. Dumbest idea ever.