Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing out triple tree/integrated risers on 2011 Street Bob- what all do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 07:58 PM
meatpunch
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Changing out triple tree/integrated risers on 2011 Street Bob- what all do I need?

I just installed 12" RSD Vintage Apes on my 2011 Street Bob and also used the 1" Loner Industries riser. Looks great.. but feels like sh*t. WAY too much vibration compared to stock. I cant stand it, so once again I am going to lighten the load on the wallet (can you say MONEY PIT lol) in order to make this right.

I decided the reason the vibration is more excessive than the stock mini-apes is due to how rigid the RSD Vintage bars are compared to stock. That combined with the solid-mount integrated risers basically takes all vibration and shoots them up the bars. I have thought of going the Vibranator route (bar weights) but the company does not respond to emails and I think that may be a band-aid solution to my problem.

I went ahead and decided to swap out the factory triple tree/integrated risers and use a standard triple tree with bushings. Basically my question is the following:

What EXACTLY do I need (parts-wise) to accomplish this task? Searching the interweb and this forum I have already chosen and ordered the following parts:

1) 49mm Fork Top Triple Tree for 2006-2007 Harley FXD Dyna Super Glide (Vtwin OEM replacement Part #24-0924-VT)

2) Roland Sands 3" Moto Riser

3) Arlen Ness Gooden Tight Handlebar Damper/Bushings part number GT-1D

Is this all I should need to accomplish this swap? Do I need any type of bolts or hardware, and where would I need to buy them? Has anyone been in a similar position and this remedied their vibration issues? Sorry for so many questions. I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Old 08-16-2011, 10:35 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've always heard great things about the bushing swap...haven't done it myself yet because I've still got stock bars.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:39 PM
night09train
Cruiser

if you search the web you can find cheaper top trees than the stock replacement which is a lot of $ i think i got mine for 130. i used the harley ureathane bushings and its still going strong.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:40 PM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

You might need a new top handlebar clamp if those risers don't come with one.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:58 PM
meatpunch
Cruiser

I got the upper clamp brand new for $132 shipped ... its basically made by Vtwin or something.. an OEM replacement.. just google the part number I posted above

Also the RSD risers have top clamps already but thanks for the suggestion!

I also found I will need Riser Hardware bolts, as my bike doesn't have any bolts. Harley part number 63027-05

I think that should be it... can't wait to see how much better this feels w/ bushings and not straight metal-on-metal mounting (what were they thinking?!!)

Old 08-16-2011, 11:36 PM
Vins
Club Member

Sounds like you struck gold. Didn't see my '08 before I ordered it and didn't know about the integrated top. Pissed me off! All you need is the top triple clamp, bolts, bushings and risers. I swapped the whole triple for a wide frontend. A WHOLE lot more pain!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:00 AM
jshull
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only problem I see us you need a 2008 and up tree off a super glide. The older ones are a different style.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:15 AM
Tat2u
Road Warrior
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Doing the wiring is also another pain in the **** part of the job when changing the top tree but at least the connectors can stay on if your not changing the bars

Old 08-17-2011, 10:14 AM
meatpunch
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jshull
The only problem I see us you need a 2008 and up tree off a super glide. The older ones are a different style.
I bought this:

http://www.debrix.com/ProductDetails...ode=24-0924-VT

This should work, right??

Old 08-17-2011, 11:41 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Tat2u
Doing the wiring is also another pain in the **** part of the job when changing the top tree but at least the connectors can stay on if your not changing the bars
Wiring is not a pain in the butt. It's just a time-consuming part of the job that is not to be rushed.

I never have understood why harley chose to use integrated risers on the street bob. Dumbest idea ever.

Quick Reply: Changing out triple tree/integrated risers on 2011 Street Bob- what all do I need?