Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing out triple tree/integrated risers on 2011 Street Bob- what all do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 10:54 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 851 Likes on 373 Posts

1) 49mm Fork Top Triple Tree for 2006-2007 Harley FXD Dyna Super Glide (Vtwin OEM replacement Part #24-0924-VT this is a great post! thank you sir

Old 08-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Diverjay82
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello guys, new to the forum and I am looking for some advice. I have a 12 street Bob and just received my new bars and they don't fit due to the extremely low integrated risers. I have already removed the bars and can handle the replacement and wiring,but have never swapped trees before. I purchased a stock replacement from HD and would like to know if anyone could add some insight on the procedure of replacing just the top tree. There are currently no bars or wires in the area. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Old 08-22-2013, 11:05 AM
chris h.
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm gonna do a bar swap and wondering why they don't fit? I'm currently deployed so I don't have eyes on my bike. Will the bars hit the tops for the forks? Can't you just lower the forks in the clamp?

Old 08-24-2013, 04:41 AM
Diverjay82
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After some research I have found that the forks can be dropped enough, but I decided to go with a divverent top tree to get some riser options. I've just never done a tree swap before.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Paul32730
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Replacing Top Clamp

I came on the forum and searched this topic because I'm getting ready to modify my 2010 Street Bob for the second time. I already swapped out the bars a couple years ago for Wild 1 16" apes. I ran the wiring inside the bars and all that. It was fairly straight forward, but it was time consuming and required walking away from it and returning so as to avoid rushing it and forgetting the steps. Highly recommend a service manual. The best advice I ever got from this forum was to buy a service manual as my first accessory.

Anyway when I did the swap I kept the oem top clamp with the integrated risers. Since mine is a 2010 the trees are polished. I wanted them black so as part of the replacement I took the trees and had them powder coated satin black. (I can't tell you how aggravated I am that most of the stuff I had coated now comes black from the factory)

So after having it all back together and putting about 18k miles on it I have no complaints about vibration or feel, but it has always nagged me that the top clamp has those ridiculous integrated risers. They totally oppose the old-school look the Street Bob has. I decided I can't live with it anymore so last week I bought a used stock top clamp with the integrated risers on EBay for $39.

I am taking them to a guy who will mill off the risers and drill holes for me for new risers. At this point I'm leaning toward the Biltwell slim 1" clamps for their retro look, but I' going to check out the ones you mentioned here. After the milling and drilling is done I will have the clamp powder coated the same satin black and from there it should be easy.

I chose this route because while the top clamp from Debrix would work, it does look different, plus it's twice as much as the one I bought. I figure after all the work is done I will have spent a total of $80 on the top clamp. The risers will be about $80 depending on what I get. There are several older risers I could get for much less and have coated.

My situation hinges on "knowing a guy" because my buddy has a shop in his garage and has all the machines, etc, I imagine having this done somewhere would probably double the final cost.

What was HD thinking with that stupid riser?