Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick detach side plates for 11 wide glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Billy&JessFDWG
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick detach side plates for 11 wide glide

Hello all, I am new to the forum, not new to harley's but new to this site. I will get some pics up tonight. My question is this weekend I installed the quick detach stuff for the sissy bars. Well the side plates hit on the front post and it is really difficult to get this thing to push forward, and fall into place. It rubbed the paint off on both sides a little in order to get it on. I torqued everything and know everything is on correctly, it is as if the post do not come out far enough. Also when I tightened everything down the fender had to actually pull out some to the side plates. It comes with a big spacer that has sticky on it but the fender had to actually spread to come in contact with the side plate. Is this normal you cant really tell it had to pull to the plate but I watched it do it while tightening it. I have no idea if I am explaining this correctly. Also we own a softail deluxe and I have put a sundowner seat the low back rest, 16" apes, thunder header exhaust, tuner, cams, luggage rack, and we were amazed at how well this bike toured this weekend. We did about 800 miles and they were all just as comfy as the deluxe. And a lot more agile at that. You can really get the twisties on this thing.