Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide or Fat Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Strobe
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It gets a little crowded with me and the wife on the Fatbob. I did take a Street Glide out for a demo ride and it felt bigger and the ride was plush! I think it would be way more comfortable for 2 up riding. If I could afford a 2nd bike it would be the street glide.

But I'm not ready to give up the Fatbob. Guess the wife will have to stay home for the long rides for now

Old 11-30-2011, 08:34 PM
kmontague
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

sold my street glide because the old lady doesnt ride with me and im not goin on any long cruises but they are definately a sweet ride for the highway

Old 11-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

SG all the way.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:18 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

street glide. a fat bob is not that great of a ride

Old 11-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Fuzzman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My vote is for the glide as well. Not much room for two on the Bob.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:08 AM
CrazyK
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really love my Fatty but in your situation I'd go for the glide as well. Maybe the wife wants to ride by herself so you can get her bike and a FB for yourself?

Old 12-01-2011, 05:50 AM
JohnC FXDX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with all of the above. The Fatbob won't be any bigger than the FXDX. I know what you mean about being cramped up. I am changing my bars because of this. On my own they feel fine, but too close when I am 2 up.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rented a Street Glide for three months at the beginning of the year when my Fat Bob was in the shop after an accident. Every time I got on the Street Glide I missed my Fat Bob. And this was even in 19 degree weather. Just was not impressed with the Street Glide. The only comparison that I did not make was long distance two up riding. . . . . I have a feeling that I would still prefer the Fat Bob, but then I've been riding over 30 years without a windshield or fairing, and I'm not that into ultimate comfort. I'm not a normal guy. Just my two cents.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:01 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Le Gras
I rented a Street Glide for three months at the beginning of the year when my Fat Bob was in the shop after an accident. Every time I got on the Street Glide I missed my Fat Bob. And this was even in 19 degree weather. Just was not impressed with the Street Glide. The only comparison that I did not make was long distance two up riding. . . . . I have a feeling that I would still prefer the Fat Bob, but then I've been riding over 30 years without a windshield or fairing, and I'm not that into ultimate comfort. I'm not a normal guy. Just my two cents.
Robert what was the cost of renting a glide for 3 months? I have always wanted a street glide for more comfort on those long trips. Renting sounds like a good alternative to test it out for a few weeks.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyK
I really love my Fatty but in your situation I'd go for the glide as well. Maybe the wife wants to ride by herself so you can get her bike and a FB for yourself?
GF not wife, but if she has her way...lol

Anyway, I wish. She loves riding with me 2up (and I don't hahaha) but I can't talk her into getting a bike for herself, she flat out refuses

Quick Reply: Street Glide or Fat Bob?