Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying harley fatbob advice(new member)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Sallenthornton
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like I am going to be the prided owner of. 2009 maroonish/red Harley fatbob. Very excited. This forum is awesome. My only issue now is the weather. Lol. It's -35 outside, but I won't let that ruin my day.

Originally I wanted the street bob, and a lot of that was due to the price and styling. My thought is I can make the fat bob mine with some minor changes. Super excited.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Napoli
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congtrats!!! ride safe.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:54 PM
bigpercentcountry
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought my 09 new in 2010 because the best deal I could find on a used one was $14,400 with 6k miles. I'd say it's a good deal.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Texasbrons
Cruiser

Congrats. I know what you mean about the choice though. I really wanted a low rider. Specifically the 2003 with the 100 year anniversary paint scheme. I saw my Fat Bob, and after riding it knew that it was the bike for me. You won't have any regrets trust me on that one.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:56 AM
Fuzzman
Road Captain

Congrats man, very nice bikes. Ride safe.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:44 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,514 Likes on 2,487 Posts

Personally, I wouldn't buy either bike. The Fatbob is too much of a "parts bin" looking bike;don't like the shallow front rake,front OR rear fenders,handlebars,and not a fan of the twin headlights,although THAT'S easily changed. The Streetbob, while looking good,is just too commonplace, atleast around here. And, the MoCo does NOT know how to properly bob a rear fender;to me they look like crap. I swear if I see one more denim black Streetbob, I'm gonna open a vein!

No, what I would do--get the SuperGlide Custom. Under 13K BRAND new in vivid black,and the best looking Harley made for a customizing platform. And you almost never see them around here, and you see tons of Harleys.

All this is just my opinion, NOT fact, and I assume you asked for opinions in your OP. All of these bikes are great bikes;I just got a jones for the FXDC 'cause it l;ooks like a Harley SHOULD! Bit if it's a Streetbob you want, then get THAT--'cause everytime you see one, you're gonna say "Oh man; I wish I had gotten what I really wanted". 'Course how many do you see a Fairbanks.

BTW I have been to Fairbanks. Is "Skinny Dicks" still there?

Last edited by dickey; 02-02-2012 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Sallenthornton
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dickey
Personally, I wouldn't buy either bike. The Fatbob is too much of a "parts bin" looking bike;don't like the shallow front rake,front OR rear fenders,handlebars,and not a fan of the twin headlights,although THAT'S easily changed. The Streetbob, while looking good,is just too commonplace, atleast around here. And, the MoCo does NOT know how to properly bob a rear fender;to me they look like crap. I swear if I see one more denim black Streetbob, I'm gonna open a vein!

No, what I would do--get the SuperGlide Custom. Under 13K BRAND new in vivid black,and the best looking Harley made for a customizing platform. And you almost never see them around here, and you see tons of Harleys.

All this is just my opinion, NOT fact, and I assume you asked for opinions in your OP. All of these bikes are great bikes;I just got a jones for the FXDC 'cause it l;ooks like a Harley SHOULD! Bit if it's a Streetbob you want, then get THAT--'cause everytime you see one, you're gonna say "Oh man; I wish I had gotten what I really wanted". 'Course how many do you see a Fairbanks.

BTW I have been to Fairbanks. Is "Skinny Dicks" still there?
Thank you for the reply. I appreciate it very much. Currently I am trying to offer the owner less than the 10,200 he wants. Seems I have heard from a few of his co-workers that he offered the bike to them for less than 9500.00. That kind of pisses me off, and I may not buy it out of spite. My significant other says that I shouldnt worry about that, as his asking price is more than fair.

I agree with with the super glide. Love it. My issue is that by the time the dealership does their set-up and other miscellaneous charges, the bike will cost significantly more. With our riding season being so short, I'm not sure if I'm ready to increase my budget.

Yes. Lol. Skinny Dicks is still there. What a turd of a little stop. The borough completely replaced the nennana highway and it is a blast to ride. Beautiful ride. Unfortunately with my sport bike background, I never saw much of it. Seems I was always in a hurry, and never slowed down enough to take it all in. That's one of the reasons I wanted to buy a Harley. Figured it would give me more of a relaxed ride, while meeting some new and interesting people.

Did you enjoy your trip to Alaska? It's abreast place to live,must can be cold and dark in the winters. If the pay wasn't so great, I would have left a long time ago. Our economy is great. People are nice. And most of all.... Love getting the free money each year.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Fuzzman
Road Captain

How much money do you actually get for living in Alaska? I'd love to do some hunting up there. But don't think thats enough to move the family.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Greatscott
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats man...you got a good deal trust me. At least where I live you cant sniff a Fat Bob for $10.2.......I payed $11 for my 08 with 5000 miles and I felt like I got a good deal. Any used FB I've seen at dealerships are between $13-14K.

Now have fun waiting for that weather to change.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:13 PM
clang
Cruiser

I paid $10,2 about 4 months ago for an '09 Fat Bob with just under 3K miles. Came with HD Saddlebags and removable fairing. I thought it was a great price and the oncoming Winter was probably part of the reason it was as low as it was.

Spring is coming and prices are going to start going up again soon, I think $10,2 is a fair price just before Spring.

Quick Reply: Buying harley fatbob advice(new member)