Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FatBob Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Strobe
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like about an 1/2 of room for adjusting fairing angle.

Attached Thumbnails FatBob Fairing-harley4.jpg  
Old 06-27-2012, 08:03 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Strobe

Don't forget that you can increase that by inverting one of the clamps, works on either depending which end you want to move.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Nwminnesota
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda liking the faring has any one seen the soa kind on fxdf

Old 06-27-2012, 11:55 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey man. Thanks for the pics.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:04 AM
AFONE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nwminnesota
Kinda liking the faring has any one seen the soa kind on fxdf
If you're talking about an Arlen Ness 1/4 fairing, yes

http://motorcycles.oodle.com/view/20...-oceanside-ca/

Last edited by AFONE; 06-28-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Nwminnesota
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, seen the pics wonder if the make one like that but with 2 headlights

Old 06-28-2012, 02:36 PM
AFONE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nwminnesota
Yea, seen the pics wonder if the make one like that but with 2 headlights
the answer is no.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Strobe
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Well I've racked up quite a few miles now. A few asked for an update.

A couple times I took the Batwing off just to see what it was like naked. It really made me appreciate having the batwing on. It was very noticable how much wind noise is cut down by the batwing setup. Much more so at highway speeds. It's so nice not having the wind howling on the ears. The con side is you hear every noise the engine makes. I got used to it after a while and accepted the new noises (always there) as OK. The exhaust is louder. I don't notice any more or less engine heat.

Handling. For the most part I can't tell any differance. I don't get any lift or squirellyness <sp>. But when I get in high winds I can feel it in the fairing pushing it it seems. Nothing bad.

The lower part of the windshield was vibrating against the fairing. I just stuck a couple felt pads between the fairing and windshield. It's a part of the windshield that extends a few inches below the mounting line.

It easily comes on and off which is nice for cleaning. I like to use soap and water and hose it down off the bike. It's a great bug collector. Being on and off a number of times and no looseness has seem to develope. It mounts nice and tight.

Have'nt tried anything as far as tunes being installed. That might be a winter project. I AM going to stick a radar in soon......The area in the fairing just above the headlights has alot of potential adding a stereo or such. I always stuff gear in that area for the ride.

Bottom line I'd hate to not have it. Makes the ride more enjoyable and way less fatigueing on long highway rides.

If you get one I highly suggest the wind deflectors that attach to the sides. Also Memphis Shades has new options in heights and tints for the spoiler windshield.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 345 Likes on 159 Posts

Hows does this one work for Ya?
Still in the fabrication stage.
Not ready for production yet.

Attached Thumbnails FatBob Fairing-fairring-2.jpg   FatBob Fairing-fairring-4.jpg  

Last edited by Chicago Ken; 07-25-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:56 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I've racked up quite a few miles now. A few asked for an update.

A couple times I took the Batwing off just to see what it was like naked. It really made me appreciate having the batwing on. It was very noticable how much wind noise is cut down by the batwing setup. Much more so at highway speeds. It's so nice not having the wind howling on the ears. The con side is you hear every noise the engine makes. I got used to it after a while and accepted the new noises (always there) as OK. The exhaust is louder. I don't notice any more or less engine heat.

Handling. For the most part I can't tell any differance. I don't get any lift or squirellyness <sp>. But when I get in high winds I can feel it in the fairing pushing it it seems. Nothing bad.

The lower part of the windshield was vibrating against the fairing. I just stuck a couple felt pads between the fairing and windshield. It's a part of the windshield that extends a few inches below the mounting line.

It easily comes on and off which is nice for cleaning. I like to use soap and water and hose it down off the bike. It's a great bug collector. Being on and off a number of times and no looseness has seem to develope. It mounts nice and tight.

Have'nt tried anything as far as tunes being installed. That might be a winter project. I AM going to stick a radar in soon......The area in the fairing just above the headlights has alot of potential adding a stereo or such. I always stuff gear in that area for the ride.

Bottom line I'd hate to not have it. Makes the ride more enjoyable and way less fatigueing on long highway rides.

If you get one I highly suggest the wind deflectors that attach to the sides. Also Memphis Shades has new options in heights and tints for the spoiler windshield.
That much better than just a windshield?

Quick Reply: FatBob Fairing