Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D flush mount fuel caps or Kuryakyn informers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Smokey Burnouts
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07bobber
they hd flush mounts are way better looking

Looks good man, I vote for the HD ones i guess

just curious do you have to run the fuel gauge on the left side or could u dummy a right side cap in there?

Old 03-09-2012, 06:12 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

my question now is is the fuel guage removeable? i was just thinking is it had to be removed lets say for new tank paint or it breaks and now needs to be replaced or if you just want to go back to the stocker. this is to those that have installed it. since you guys would know how it snapped in. just curious

Old 03-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Stag556
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pontiac69
my question now is is the fuel guage removeable? i was just thinking is it had to be removed lets say for new tank paint or it breaks and now needs to be replaced or if you just want to go back to the stocker. this is to those that have installed it. since you guys would know how it snapped in. just curious
Yes, it is removable. When you installed it, you had to push down on the gauge to access 4 screws underneath. You would just loosen those screws and pull the gauge back out. Simple.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:23 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Stag556
Yes, it is removable. When you installed it, you had to push down on the gauge to access 4 screws underneath. You would just loosen those screws and pull the gauge back out. Simple.
Nevermind. lol

Last edited by spankdog; 03-09-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:45 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member

I just went outside and didnt realize it works similar to the gas cap. With the guage u just push it down and it pops up. Then someone can wind up stealing it if they wanted

Last edited by pontiac69; 03-09-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:53 PM
FenceSC
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the Kury's and had them powdercoated. Not exactly flush but I like the way they look.

Attached Thumbnails H-D flush mount fuel caps or Kuryakyn informers?-006.jpg   H-D flush mount fuel caps or Kuryakyn informers?-007.jpg  
Old 03-09-2012, 10:36 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FenceSC
I went with the Kury's and had them powdercoated. Not exactly flush but I like the way they look.
I didn't like that u need a special tool to remove the gas cap. Other than that they look cool

Old 03-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Sethcat
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pontiac69
I just went outside and didnt realize it works similar to the gas cap. With the guage u just push it down and it pops up. Then someone can wind up stealing it if they wanted
When it pops up it is still connected to its wires. they would have to cut the wires and they would be missing the housing that fits it to the tank. If they were gonna go through all that they could go to your bike with your stock fuel gauge, pull it up and cut your wires and have the whole damn thing. So if anything the new gauge should dissuade a thief from taking your gauge (assuming he knows what he's stealing). Well enough of that. I also put my hd flush gauge and cap on tonight and I think it looks great.

For the guys saying to cut the wires on the stock... Just take the couple extra minutes and take the pins out (yes this was the hardest part for me and yes I considered cutting them). You never know when you might need to install your stock gauge again (new ones **** the bed) or you could sell your stock gauge to someone and it would be in working condition not with the wires missing the pins.

Just my 2 cents

Old 03-09-2012, 11:29 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior

lol. I didnt even read the directions so I completely missed the part about the 4 screws. I just popped the gauge in there and hooked up the wires. Oh well. Guess I'll pop it back out and do it right tomorrow.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:34 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member

Seth once you pop out the gauge there is a connector On the back of the gauge that you can just unplug. Unlike the stocker that does not unplug. So it would only take a sec for someone to push it down , flip it over then just unplug the wires from the back if the gauge. Spank on the note of cutting. I agree just depinned the 3 wires you never know if you will go back to it or sell it. After relocating my turn signals I got good at depining the connectors, same connector.

Last edited by pontiac69; 03-10-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Quick Reply: H-D flush mount fuel caps or Kuryakyn informers?