Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burly Slammer rear shocks on 2010 Fat Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 09:07 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ordered me some black ones from JC. Should look good with my WG fender. Hope the ride doesnt completely suck. lol I also noticed that they only list the year up to 2010 but as far as I know there wasnt any change in the shocks so Im hoping they bolt up without any issues.

Last edited by spankdog; 03-16-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:39 AM
jp28
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by --utaptout--
I feel like I'm the only guy under 50 that still likes chrome sometimes lol.
You're not alone. There's at least two of us. Bikes looking good.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:27 AM
Bbbadboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wow that looks so much better.

Well, they came yesterday, and installed them today. Sorry for the low light pics. Haven't ridden it yet because today was rainy as hell and the roads are wet. Don't want my first ride to be in bad conditions because last time I did that after installing my bars and I dumped it. Probably won't be able to ride it until Monday at the earliest because I'm going to NYC for the St. Patty's Day weekend, leaving right after work tomorrow. I'm really liking the way it looks now. Nice and low:

That fender was the deal breaker the stopped me from buying the Bob. I just couldn't look past it. But now lowered it looks so much better. I've seen them with the Wide glide fender and stop turn sigs. Man then you'll have it. I went for the Wide glide. I,m looking for a Fat bob dual headlight. If you want to part with it ?

Old 03-17-2012, 05:08 AM
Fat-Bob-Brad
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am also going to do this not made up my mind what shocks yet i fancy using these

Progerssive 430 in black in 11 inch i like the contrast cut black and billit look. 500 bucks though plus postage to the UK ouch

Old 03-18-2012, 09:19 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bbbadboy
That fender was the deal breaker the stopped me from buying the Bob. I just couldn't look past it. But now lowered it looks so much better. I've seen them with the Wide glide fender and stop turn sigs. Man then you'll have it. I went for the Wide glide. I,m looking for a Fat bob dual headlight. If you want to part with it ?
I actually sold mine to a member on here. I would really like to see how one looks on a Wide Glide. Keep your eye out in the classifieds section. They pop up from time to time.

The Wide Glide fender swap has been my nemesis since I bought the bike. Between paint, and chroming out the fender strut covers, it has become a very expensive endeavor. I keep going back and forth on doing it.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:24 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master

Originally Posted by spankdog
Ordered me some black ones from JC. Should look good with my WG fender. Hope the ride doesnt completely suck. lol I also noticed that they only list the year up to 2010 but as far as I know there wasnt any change in the shocks so Im hoping they bolt up without any issues.
I'm almost positive there was no change, JC probably just needs to update their listing. You could check Burly's website and compare part numbers. Let us know what you think, and post pics!

Old 03-18-2012, 09:35 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master

Originally Posted by jp28
You're not alone. There's at least two of us. Bikes looking good.
Thanks man. Always nice to hear.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:47 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm almost positive there was no change, JC probably just needs to update their listing. You could check Burly's website and compare part numbers. Let us know what you think, and post pics!
Yea, thats what I ended up doing. Ofcourse then I decided I might as well drop the front too so I ordered some Progressive drop ins and a shorter kick stand. lol. Cant wait to drop that thing. This site and a credit card are a bad combo.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:01 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master

Originally Posted by spankdog
Yea, thats what I ended up doing. Ofcourse then I decided I might as well drop the front too so I ordered some Progressive drop ins and a shorter kick stand. lol. Cant wait to drop that thing. This site and a credit card are a bad combo.
Lol yeah I know. I can't even imagine how much more stock my bike would be if it wasn't for this site! Where'd you get the shorter kickstand?

Old 03-19-2012, 09:07 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master

Well, I finally got to put about 70 miles on 'er today. Let me tell you, all the talk about how much stiffer the ride is, is BS. I barely noticed a difference in ride quality. I imagine the difference would be a lot more noticeable with the front lowered too though.

My new suspension, coupled with my new DG seat has put a huge smile on my face. I have more control at a stop simply because now I can be flat-footed with a bend in my knees. It's definitely great. So far, the Burly Slammers have my stamp of approval.

I have had no issues with bottoming out, or fender hits or any clearance issues at all so far. I understand that it's still really early though.

Quick Reply: Burly Slammer rear shocks on 2010 Fat Bob?