Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 done. Review of Vance Hines pro pipe and power vision

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 09:51 PM
kcmfg
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 1 done. Review of Vance Hines pro pipe and power vision

Just installed the new Vance and Hines pro pipe chrome, Arlen ness big sucker stage 1 with cover, and dynojet power vision on my stock 96 dyna. First impressions: absolutely love the exhaust tone. The pipe has a nice low rumble that is aggressive sounding but not obnoxiously loud. When you crack the throttle it just roars to life. I have heard a lot of different Harley exhausts and this by far is my favorite. The power vision is also very nice. It was real easy to flash a preloaded map and the gauges and logging options are great. I still want to play with different tunes, but so far it runs great and no decel pops or anything. I did a lot of research before I did stage 1 and believe I made good choices. The bike feels like it pulls a lot harder and runs cooler. It cruises with much less effort as compared to before. My wife rode behind me and she said didn't notice it being much louder unless I got on it. Anyway, I just wanted to share my thoughts on these and help anyone thinking about getting these parts. I'll be glad to answer questions about 'em. I'll post some pics too once I am not on mobile.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Rmuller
Cruiser

Cut the welds on the plug in the pro pipe baffle and see what happens. Bike will fly through the gears. Not to much louder either.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:14 PM
kcmfg
Intermediate
Old 03-13-2012, 10:17 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 849 Likes on 373 Posts

very nice

Old 03-13-2012, 10:20 PM
kcmfg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rmuller
Cut the welds on the plug in the pro pipe baffle and see what happens. Bike will fly through the gears. Not to much louder either.
What do you mean by welds on the plug? I haven't taken out the baffle yet so I'm a little lost as to what you mean. Can't visualize it.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Rmuller
Cruiser

With a flash light look up the tailpipe. You see that the exhaust is plugged. When you remove the baffle you see the three weld tabs on the plug.
They say it will lose torque and its only for high hp bikes. Not the case. Dyno doesn't lie. My bike cams pro pipe open baffle went 95hp 98tq. Same bike same cams same pipe plugged baffle. 88hp 96tq.
also, @ sea level it will be loud. I,m in colorado. Less air not as loud.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:46 PM
kcmfg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rmuller
With a flash light look up the tailpipe. You see that the exhaust is plugged. When you remove the baffle you see the three weld tabs on the plug.
They say it will lose torque and its only for high hp bikes. Not the case. Dyno doesn't lie. My bike cams pro pipe open baffle went 95hp 98tq. Same bike same cams same pipe plugged baffle. 88hp 96tq.
also, @ sea level it will be loud. I,m in colorado. Less air not as loud.
I will keep this in mind for sure. I still need to get it dyno tuned, maybe I'll try that after and see what happens. I know the guys at the shop so dyno time is cheap. Thanks for the info.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:52 PM
Rmuller
Cruiser

Awesome, You will like that pipe either way. It has such a great sound and look.

Your bike looks really nice.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:52 PM
kcmfg
Intermediate
Old 03-28-2012, 09:48 PM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i wanted the propipe, but they didnt have them yet for 2012 dynas when i was looking, i couldnt stand the stock exhaust anymore and went with a thunderheader.

your bike looks killer though.

Quick Reply: Stage 1 done. Review of Vance Hines pro pipe and power vision