Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   HELP HELP HELP. No Spark. (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/745740-help-help-help-no-spark.html)

sonnydaze 03-19-2012 04:01 PM

run switch just kills power to coil , so it just breaks circuit when off ( thats very simplified with todays computer crap lol )

sonnydaze 03-19-2012 04:11 PM

wait , do you have button on left grip wired in ? if not wire it in or jump the 2 wires together . thats your clutch saftey switch so it will not start with out clutch pulled in

cbrenthus 03-19-2012 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by sonnydaze (Post 9545408)
wait , do you have button on left grip wired in ? if not wire it in or jump the 2 wires together . thats your clutch saftey switch so it will not start with out clutch pulled in

But I don't think it would even crank in that place. I would also check continuity on the new fuse to be sure, and check any other fuses just in case.

Mr.Guns 03-19-2012 09:46 PM

My 07 will start without the clutch pulled in, and if the Run/Stop switch is OFF it won't even prime the fuel pump. Maybe you should triple check all your fuses.

sonnydaze 03-19-2012 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by cbrenthus (Post 9547021)
But I don't think it would even crank in that place. I would also check continuity on the new fuse to be sure, and check any other fuses just in case.

true it would not crank but he needs it either jumped or wired

mphillips21 03-20-2012 07:57 AM

I didnt get a chance to jump the wires last night when i got home from work. But I am going to take care of it tonight cause i really want to get the damn thing running. The fuses are all good now could the relays be shot you think? I pulled all the fuses the other day and tried new ones. even though there was only one fuse that was ever blown.

Skid Lid 03-20-2012 09:55 AM

I'd look at the wire schematic for your bike and figure out which wires go to the coils, those have to be the problem, find the wires find the problem is my guess. Also if you have a pinched or shorting wire, changeing out your fuses wont solve the problem as it will just blow the new fuse.

mphillips21 03-20-2012 06:57 PM

Ok I jumped the wires tonight thinking that it may work. Not so much. Still no fire. I am at a complete loss now. I have ran back the wires there is a few that were pinched but nothing that cut into the wires. Anyone have any other ideas???? Please help. It is coming to me taking it over to harley here soon but i know how much that can cost.

soft 02 03-20-2012 07:06 PM

Stupid question but did you pop a shared fuse for the coil? Double check the coil imput wire. I bumped mine half way off when washing once and it only fired on one cyl. Threw me for a loop.

Northern B 03-20-2012 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by soft 02 (Post 9550759)
Double check the coil imput wire. I bumped mine half way off when washing once and it only fired on one cyl. Threw me for a loop.

x2 .... bumped mine partially off as well when working on the bike .... had me stumped for a few hours, looked like it was seated okay