Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP HELP HELP. No Spark.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 10:08 AM
mphillips21
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP HELP HELP. No Spark.

My 2009 Street Bob is really confusing me and I am sure after i figure it out I will be even more mad. I put a new set of bars and v&h Short Shots on my bike after I wired the bars all up and went to fire it all it would do is turn over. The motor is getting full revolution but I am not getting any spark from the coil or power for that matter. A couple people thought it could be that damn key fob thing but the battery is new in it. Do i need to put in the special code (turn signal code) to get it to fire. PLEASE HELP I may just shoot this thing.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:15 AM
bobnehoc
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

It is not the fob. If the battery were dead it would not turn over. Since you did wiring in the bars and now she will not start, that is were I would look. Perhaps a loose wire or a crushed one or you have a wire crossed. Check your wiring to see if there is anything wrong.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:22 AM
mphillips21
Novice

Originally Posted by bobnehoc
It is not the fob. If the battery were dead it would not turn over. Since you did wiring in the bars and now she will not start, that is were I would look. Perhaps a loose wire or a crushed one or you have a wire crossed. Check your wiring to see if there is anything wrong.

I re-wired it twice now. the only thing i didnt wire was the little buttons on the back side of the switch housings. Could that be it?

Old 03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
bobnehoc
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

The little buttons are for the brake light and I believe the clutch. How come you did not wire these back in? Not sure what the clutch one does but I believe it is part of a safety feature so the bike can not start in gear, but not 100% sure. The other one is for the brake light and you definitely need that one. If you have the service manual it will describe the function of the clutch side switch. Your problem most likely resides in the work that you have just done. I know what a pain in the *** it is when things do not go as plan, but remember you are not alone as we have all been down that road. Take your time and verify all of the wiring is correct including those little switches and I am sure you will figure it out....

Old 03-19-2012, 12:46 PM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

bobnehoc is correct, it can't be the fob. It would not even turn over if the fob was fubared.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:09 PM
cbrenthus
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,574 Likes on 662 Posts

I can't remember if the run switch is off if it will allow the engine to crank. If so, that would be the first thing I would look at. Do you hear the fuel pump primimng when you turn the ignition on?

Old 03-19-2012, 01:33 PM
mphillips21
Novice

Yeah the fuel pump primes when the ignition switch is turned on (at the switch housing). But I dont have any power to the coil. the first time I wired these bars I blew the ignition fuse that is why i had to do it the second time. It couldnt have blown the coil could it? The only reason i didnt wire them is because I had taken them off my other bike as they didnt do anything then now I am thinking on this one that it could be holding it from firing.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:11 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i had same thing happen when i did my bars , turned out the gray/black wire going into run switch was not soilderd in . try jumping run switch at connector

Old 03-19-2012, 02:40 PM
mphillips21
Novice

Originally Posted by sonnydaze
i had same thing happen when i did my bars , turned out the gray/black wire going into run switch was not soilderd in . try jumping run switch at connector
HMMMMM. Interesting now would the fuel pump engage with the wire bad? And what did you jump the wire to?

Old 03-19-2012, 03:51 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mphillips21
HMMMMM. Interesting now would the fuel pump engage with the wire bad? And what did you jump the wire to?
think its the white/black wire , if you need me to check wire schematic i can , everything acted normal on mine but no spark but mine is a 2001

Quick Reply: HELP HELP HELP. No Spark.