Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sometimes I wonder......

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Skid Lid
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the words fella's, as someone said I've still got a bike to scratch the itch, and I'm sure sometime down the road when my son can crawl on the back with me I'll look at buying a Street Glide, till then it's time to hit the dirt with the family. Cheers guys.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:06 PM
jackshepard
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"happiness is only real when shared"

Old 04-16-2012, 11:16 PM
PhotoRider
Road Master

Life changes priorities and nothing is for ever. The bike is just an object, not a living thing. Life's experiences are the most important - not objects. Sure you liked riding it, but it can't really replace human interaction especially your family. Like you said, you have a plan.

Ask someone who has adult kids what would they do different if the knew then what they know now (my daughter is 30 ) ...

Old 04-17-2012, 02:54 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

enjoy your wife and child.. i have a wonderful woman who totally supports me and my riding. She knows its good for my health and heart. I too ride solo and have no way around it right now. I miss my woman a lot when im on the road. Really gives me something special to come home to and for that im grateful. nothing wrong with that kawasaki. you can always get another bike later.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:22 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad your family dynamic provides the option for you to take the route you did, and it be the right one.

My wife knows she comes way before the bike, but she also knows it's my most prized material possession. It's never come up in any arguments, even when money was at its tightest and I was still making payments. I bought a 2-up seat, passenger pegs, and a sissy bar right after I bought the bike, but I can count on one hand the number of times she's ridden with me, so mine is set up solo about 99.99999% of the time. I feel bad joyriding without her, but it's not her thing...so I joyride less and mazimize it as a daily driver for work.

Ride safe and best of luck for another Harley in your future.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:37 AM
kccustom
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can still come to the forum with or with out your bike!

Old 04-17-2012, 05:45 AM
chamba
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride with my dad. he had to sell the bikes and raise a family. I got my XL and he went to the dealer right away for his softail. Now I show him how to mod and we makes many turns. he did me the favor, I return the favor.... ball in your court.
spend time with the kids....
Oh and how do I mod a 2+ sidebar setup for my little one? when he turns five I plan to take him all over town on the bike....

Old 04-17-2012, 07:05 AM
Eagleman06
Cruiser

Best of luck, enjoy your family time.

I use mine to save gas going to work and the occasional run around, My wife won't get on it. My son(11) likes it so I set it up for him, when he wants to go it takes me 5 min to change the bike and we go.
With gas at $4.?? it feels good to put 15$ in gas in my bike instead of $60 in my SUV.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:36 AM
visualj
Novice

You gotta do what you gotta do.

Bikes can be replaced, time cannot.

I am fortunate that my fiance is into riding. She had hers before I had mine. In fact I got my license two years ago to ride with her, and she found my new bike for me.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:43 PM
interwoven
Cruiser

I wish I would have spent more time with my son growing up. Wasn't riding then but lots of other things took up the time. Sounds like you have your priorities straight...wish I did 20 years ago.

Flash ahead to now though and my son is getting a bike and I found a good women who loves to ride. I actually enjoy riding with her better than alone. Nice to have someone to share the ride with. I made it clear to her before we got to serious that there are a few things non-negotiable and one was the bike so if she didn't feel comfortable with that I wasn't the guy for her. She never rode before and the other night as I was heading up the street to pull in the drive about 2 houses before mine she leans over and says Keep going. We rode another hour. Get it out right up front and things will be smoother.

Quick Reply: Sometimes I wonder......