Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6'3" on a FXDXT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 07:24 PM
PhotoRider
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpro
Thanks for the pics. I really just wanted to se a pic of the 120r. Do you still have a 5 speed tranny?
So far. Mixed thoughts about changing it. I have read about issues with the DD6 and Harleys 6 speed (either through my RK seems fine). Many people have told me the 5-speed is the strongest, but I really wonder.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PhotoRider
So far. Mixed thoughts about changing it. I have read about issues with the DD6 and Harleys 6 speed (either through my RK seems fine). Many people have told me the 5-speed is the strongest, but I really wonder.
I live in Haslett, MI which is home of Baker Drivetrain. Jim Simonelli works out at my gym and I chat with him fairly regularly. He has told me time and time again that the OD6 is the way to go for a Dyna, especially the FXDX.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:32 PM
PhotoRider
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Good_Apollo
I live in Haslett, MI which is home of Baker Drivetrain. Jim Simonelli works out at my gym and I chat with him fairly regularly. He has told me time and time again that the OD6 is the way to go for a Dyna, especially the FXDX.
Does he state the reason.

Is it a stronger design or lower in 1-5th?

6th is a true OD. My friends 2003 RK has one and his shift points are completely different than my Harley 6 speed in the 2009 RK.
You got me thinking...

Old 04-23-2012, 11:32 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpro
Pics of the extended forwards?
Like that setup. The six spokes look good. Can you fit the 17"x4.5" on the rear?

Old 04-24-2012, 01:37 AM
Lefty79
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6' 3" here also. My first bike had forwards, I did not like them. I've had mids ever since. +1 on highway pegs though.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:29 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior

Does he state the reason.

Is it a stronger design or lower in 1-5th?

6th is a true OD. My friends 2003 RK has one and his shift points are completely different than my Harley 6 speed in the 2009 RK.
You got me thinking...
I think it's because for a sportier bike, it is lower in 1-5th, then you have that 6th gear OD for highway cruising, but the 1-5 is still there for getting aggressive in the twisties.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:10 AM
02DynaHH
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Im 6'3" and the standard forwards seem to fit me just fine, the mids got cramped fast.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 02DynaHH
Im 6'3" and the standard forwards seem to fit me just fine, the mids got cramped fast.
My next bike will have forwards no doubt. I get cramped and have to use the highway pegs pretty often, but I just love the mids for tossing the bike around a bit more in corners. Ideally, I would just get a Street Glide or something and keep the FXDX

Old 04-24-2012, 08:27 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

attached
That is one seriously bad azz scoot!

Old 04-24-2012, 08:46 AM
JohnC FXDX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Good_Apollo
My next bike will have forwards no doubt. I get cramped and have to use the highway pegs pretty often, but I just love the mids for tossing the bike around a bit more in corners. Ideally, I would just get a Street Glide or something and keep the FXDX
I'm right there with you. Right now the wife likes to ride with me, so I have the 2-up set up with removable bags. I would then dedicate the DX to a full time solo ride. I would modify the controls and cut down the rear fender. I would also love to fit a front end from something like a big Ducati or Japanese sport tourer. I saw one with a gold colored Ducati front end and it looked incredible.

Quick Reply: 6'3" on a FXDXT?