Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna with Get back whips

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 07:43 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

It looks like a giant streamer. My daughter would love those on her Barbie bike... no offense.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Spud17
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by missedem
Point is if you put one on your bike in an urban area you might get hassled by the cops repeatedly. Some places regard that as brandishing a dangerous weapon . So regardless if its a decoration or not , it could be perceived as a weapon. To the poster that said its only a myth that people use these things against vehicles I personally know of two people who are in jail for using one when a vehicle ran a motorcycle off the road. Its not a myth. People do use these things to bash out vehicle windows when in danger from a car.

I have seen many of these things. Some of them are really beautiful but its not worth the hassle to me to have to talk with the cops every time they decide they want to pull you over. Just some information for the OP to consider before they put one on there bike.

Yeah I know of a guy in a local mc that has broken out a car window with one. I have a weapons permit so if cops deem it a weapon well then I can still have it on my person or on my vehicle.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:27 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,100 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Originally Posted by o_leary17
Yeah I know of a guy in a local mc that has broken out a car window with one. I have a weapons permit so if cops deem it a weapon well then I can still have it on my person or on my vehicle.
If thats a "concealed weapons" Permit then you better have it concealed. Not open carried.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Spud17
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by perki48
If thats a "concealed weapons" Permit then you better have it concealed. Not open carried.
my state doesnt have a concealed just weapons permit either open or concealed.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:35 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,100 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Originally Posted by o_leary17
my state doesnt have a concealed just weapons permit either open or concealed.
OK, in my "free" State we don't need a permit for open carry. That is one of the problems, States vary to much on the laws.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:11 PM
redlohsom
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good discussion. I've heard of/seen these whips from before, alot of different stories/history on them. Sooo after much thought last night I ordered one. it'll be 36" and in the CVMA colors. I'll NEVER use it as a weapon as I'm not zorro so I don't think I'd be very proficient with a whip. I'll probably only clip it on for my next's groups ride and see what everyone thinks. No one I ride with has one so I'll see what they say. I'm guessing half will make fun and the other half will want one too. especially in the Black,Red,Gold colors. As for the legal stand point in Colorado Springs I've riden up Nevada Ave. with a cop right behing me and he didn't pull me over for my illegal Ape's or illegal noise (pipes) so I'm hoping this won't be the 3rd strike and they now pull me over, LOL. If you don't like my Whip, I don't care...If you do like my whip I don't care either. It's my my bike, my ride, my life. And this is a Dyna forum right? haven't you heard Dyna's are little boy bikes?????

Old 03-17-2018, 08:41 AM
Chad Mitschelen
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
i do not have much to add... but i will say if i was driving and someone smacked my truck with a "whip" they better hope to god my wife is in the truck to keep me from running his *** over or that i decide to just grab the bat out of the back seat to beat you with that rather than running your *** over... i would go ape **** if someone tried to "whip" my ride... hell i got friends that would take that as an assault and threat to their safety and really lose their ****!
i watched a guy toss pennies out his pocket at a car behind him and at the light they beat his *** so bad he did not know what happened, i could see this being much the same.

only think i keep on me is a Kubaton... and cell phone... well that and some big *** friends AND MY BRAIN... if your riding in an area where you need soemthing like this.... maybe find a new place to ride
I can promise that if I was riding and you got too close to me because you weren't paying attention I would use it on your truck to wake you up and if you tried to run me in to a ditch my .357 would take care of your engine block now which would you prefer small dent or dead truck use your brain dude there for our safety!

Old 03-17-2018, 09:08 AM
VT81
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

A Legally licensed "Carry Permit" for a Pistol ( I carry a KIMBER Combat Master .45ACP ) or a handful of 1/4 - 20 nuts & bolts in your pocket does a better job of ridding tailgaters and idiots in cages that try to bully or endanger you on your ride .The "get back" whips are actually a Horses bridle clip attached to a length of braided leather displaying a clubs colors.Having to fiddle & remove this thing from your lever to swing at a cage driver is stupid and dangerous - and you've gotta be too close to the cage driver to use it .

Old 03-17-2018, 09:20 AM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

I never understand how these six year old threads get picked up without missing a beat... Not that I care! Just an observation...

The following 2 users liked this post by F86:
GVan (03-18-2018), robertomendo (03-17-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 06:28 PM
Ghost_13
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,033 Likes on 2,935 Posts

Little free advice Gents (feel free to tell me to stuff it up my *** if you wish)

Whatever it is.., one chooses to do.., or not - don't advertise..., don't run off at the mouth

Especially on social media

Originally Posted by Chad Mitschelen
I can promise that if I was riding and you got too close to me because you weren't paying attention I would use it on your truck to wake you up and if you tried to run me in to a ditch my .357 would take care of your engine block now which would you prefer small dent or dead truck use your brain dude there for our safety!

Originally Posted by VT81
A Legally licensed "Carry Permit" for a Pistol ( I carry a KIMBER Combat Master .45ACP ) or a handful of 1/4 - 20 nuts & bolts in your pocket does a better job
==================

Give you this - but it's also true of most things..., in the right hands

Originally Posted by VT81
The "get back" whips is dangerous - and you've gotta be close to use it .

Ghost

Quick Reply: Dyna with Get back whips