Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance Hines Pops

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 08:21 PM
testifer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i talked to the dealer today because i was having the problem with slip ons. they said the newer the bike, the worse its going to be because of all the epa crap. mike even popped with the original exhaust

Old 04-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A good tuner & a good dyno tune should eliminate ALL of the decel popping. I have SERTPRO tuner + 7 hours on the dyno & I have NO decel popping under any circumstances.

Your bike is running lean, and ignition timing is not ideal(retarded) from the factory to comply with EPA regs. If your dealer tuned it on a dyno, they did a poor job if you still have popping. Are you sure they just didn't do the "flash"?..because after a proper dyno tune with a good tuner you shouldn't have any decel popping.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:01 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The majority of harley dealers can't tune properly....My dyno tuner does all of their tuning

Old 04-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rooti
The majority of harley dealers can't tune properly....My dyno tuner does all of their tuning
Unfortunately Rooti is right...most dealers don't have a good tuner guy.
I'm lucky because my dealer does have a good tuner...he is a young guy, but very good & my tune was spot on. I told him what I wanted & expected, and he delivered. Then went over the timing & AFR tables from his tune with me & explained how he had tuned the bike. I was very pleased.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:51 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

To the original OP. If you want it dialed in and are willing to drive 2 hours them PM me.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:56 PM
murfe
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine still pop some even after my tune (not stealer), and it's partially because I've modified the baffles and because of riding style.

I have a tendency to engine brake, and I ride it like I stole it, so when I dump it slow down... still fuel all up in the line ... POP!

Old 05-03-2012, 03:02 PM
ACRblaze
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing here. With Big Radius and SE air air clear and it pops also. The dealer did a flash and told me to wait until I put some miles on it before going on the Dyno. I pre-paid for the time and also have a HD tuner.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:03 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Testifier what dealer tuned your bike. I live in pa as well and had the dealer tune mine. They also did a crappy job. I had them try 3 time before i tuned it myself. Pm me so you dont post the dealer in the thread. I am just curious if it was the dealer i went to.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Jr Bob Dobbs
Cruiser

I plan on buying V&H big shots and power commander 5 from Fuel Moto they are supposed to preload maps, has anyone had any experience with these guys?

Old 05-03-2012, 04:30 PM
testifer
Road Master

Originally Posted by pontiac69
Testifier what dealer tuned your bike. I live in pa as well and had the dealer tune mine. They also did a crappy job. I had them try 3 time before i tuned it myself. Pm me so you dont post the dealer in the thread. I am just curious if it was the dealer i went to.
they never tuned it, i told them it was popping with the stock set up, they blamed the epa of course. they tried selling me a power comander, i said no thanks

Quick Reply: Vance Hines Pops