Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHX to...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 01:49 PM
2013SGJK
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLHX to...

Has anyone went from a SG to a dyna? I bought a new '13 SG and honestly the wind buffeting is killing me. I did order a new windshield which I will try this weekend, but I was just curious if anyone has switched and what your thoughts are after doing it. I've never had a bagger or a fairing so maybe it's normal/expected..but I'm not feeling it...I also don't want to trade and regret it by missing the tunes, etc. My wife likes it since it's somewhat comfy for her and not too windy, so I may have a hard time convincing her.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Jaystn62
Stellar HDF Member

Received 213 Likes on 155 Posts

Honestly I don't think going to a dyna will solve your problem. My buddy has a 10 with a 61/2 Klockworks windshield and it's much calmer behind it than on my Super at highway speeds. Just my opinion.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:09 PM
DesertDyna
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure I understand your question...your street glide with the fairing has much more in the way of wind deflection that any of the dyna family. Sounds like your are on the right path with changing your windshield, but what kind of "buffeting" are you referring to? Changing Windshield angle & height, adding lowers will all contribute. How tall are you in the saddle? Is your line of sight above or below the windshield (should be above).

Old 10-12-2012, 02:14 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will finish that title for you

...........to another FLHX

with lower miles and ZERO mods so I can start all over again!

Old 10-14-2012, 07:34 AM
thewholehog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013SGJK
Has anyone went from a SG to a dyna? I bought a new '13 SG and honestly the wind buffeting is killing me. I did order a new windshield which I will try this weekend, but I was just curious if anyone has switched and what your thoughts are after doing it. I've never had a bagger or a fairing so maybe it's normal/expected..but I'm not feeling it...I also don't want to trade and regret it by missing the tunes, etc. My wife likes it since it's somewhat comfy for her and not too windy, so I may have a hard time convincing her.
Yep, I had a 2010 SG and the buffeting drove me crazy. In the end I sold it and now I am looking at a street bob. Sure you get more wind flow on you but you don't get he turbulence you get behind a fairing especially when you are wearing a decent helmet. I say try a recurve taller windshield and some lower fairing deflectors before you trade the bike. Good luck.