Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my new FXDX! mods and questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 10:37 AM
mr_natural78
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a great thread. I still want to do a lot of the mods you are doing. My motor and clutch work is all done. I still want to powdercoat some stuff. I have spokes on the front and a solid disc rear wheel from a fat bobBob or something. I want to powder coat the stock mags gloss black this coming winter and put them back on. I still want to do a true trac or ssprue the and a fork brace next winter too. I hoping to change all my lighting to led soon too.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 479 Likes on 230 Posts

Thanks man! Jealous of your motor, and itd look sick with black mags! This winter was mostly just looks and comfort for now with the powder/bars/fairing etc. But new tires and a fork brace add a little more.

Still need pipes, bags, and probably some more of air cleaner. Not sure what after that, probably performance but thatll be a while down the road.

Cant wait to get it together and actually RIDE it for the first time ever!

Old 04-07-2013, 08:29 AM
mr_natural78
Tourer

You are deffenately well on your way to building a sick *** bike. Looking great so far. I went with 8" risers and biltwell tracker bars. I'm 5'7'' and for me it is the perfect set up. Comfortable as hell when cruising and i can still lean forward and get a decent tucked position when really getting on it. i didn't need to change any cables or break lines.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

Thanks man! I've wanted one of these for a while...a harley that can tour, but also handle.

I've ridden motocross my whole life, just sold my supermoto (wr450) which handled UNREAL and was really quick, but got me in trouble on the street...and in the hospital (broken leg, torn ACL, meniscus, LCL...so it has a new home now)
I currently have an 87 softail that my dad built by hand and was handed down to me, so it has a lot of history and value to me, and it isnt going anywhere. It looks great (to me) but it is uncomfortable, too low to corner, and is pretty wound up at 75mph. I did 1,800 miles in 5 days on it in May, it isnt built for that but it was a blast. Looking forward to put some miles on this FXDX...

Sorry for the sidetrack, but hey, its my thread!

Old 04-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Danofxdx
Road Captain

I orignaly powdercoated the stock wheels and they looked good then I switched to polished HD thunderstar wheels looked great but a pain to keep clean so I powdercoated them and now I'm Happy

Old 04-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

Got some work done today! Wheels on, as well as pedals and brackets, laydown plate, and some other little things. Hopefully getting the LED tail light and handlebars all set up tomorrow...almost ready to ride and I cant wait!

Old 04-15-2013, 03:23 PM
mr_natural78
Tourer

Originally Posted by Puglia10
original pics had the big aftermarket seat on (which I hate) I just unwrapped and put the stock one on for the first time in its life...looks much better! Also came with one of those quick detach luggage racks...can I make this a little sissy bar for the chick? What about if I get the fxdxT bags, they cant both be attached at the same time I assume, right?

I finally had time to go through this thread on the computer and not on my phone. A lot of this has probably been answered already....but just in case it hasn't. Yes, you can add a sissy bar on the luggage rack. If you haven't gotten one yet...pm me. I have 3 or 4 of them. Both gloss black and wrinkle black. You can also run the backrest/luggage rack combo with the Leatherpro bags at the same time. I run them both now and then. When you get the bags from Gary at Leather pro you will use his mounting hardware and the Harley docking hardware together with the longer bolts Gary supplies with the bags. It's a great set up. The big puffy seat that came with your bike is the Harley sundowner seat. It gets great reviews on being comfortable on longer rides. My wife loves it when we take long rides. Most of the time I run the stock seat for around town riding. I also have the Harley carbon fiber seat that I use when the wife is with me just for rides around town. It is like a cross between the stock one and the big *** sundowner seat. Comfortable with 2 up riding and not so big as the sundowner seat.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:29 PM
mr_natural78
Tourer

Originally Posted by tbone108
If you go into the cam chest which is a good idea even on low mile bikes, it would be a shame not to upgrade the oil pump (check out Fueling oil pump) . Google it. The plasicy looking slippers that that tensions the chain are a poor job you need to get them out of there. You can upgrade with a newer model up grade like the ones fitted to the 96 inch bikes. Also check out Andrew/ s&s gear drive cams. I changed to gear drive at about 800 miles after seeing what the parts looked like.
+2 on changing to gear drive cams. I have S&S 585...I think I want to go to 625 or 640 though with my 113.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

Need better pics, and still need a 2-1 pipe and fxdxt bags, but here it is for now!

Old 04-20-2013, 09:27 PM
mr_natural78
Tourer

man that looks killer. I really got to get a move on and get some stuff on mine powdercoated!

Quick Reply: my new FXDX! mods and questions