Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my new FXDX! mods and questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 09:03 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 480 Likes on 231 Posts

winter mods done and back to killing miles

Old 05-15-2015, 10:55 AM
dave_simpson
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do the fairings really do much as far as wind goes?

Old 05-15-2015, 12:23 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Gotta say, I've gone through this thread from start to finish, you've done an incredible job on the bike!

You may be able to answer a question for me as well... Is that a Supermeg exhaust? If so, how do you like it? I see that you changed from the Bassani you had before. Also would you mind snapping a side shot of the bike with the bags on? I've been fighting with my exhaust ever since I got it to quieten it down just a little and am at the point that I might look at a replacement. I've heard good things about the Supertrapp but not sure on the long look with the bags, even though I know that it would put the volume slightly behind me as well. Shame since I really like my current pipes from an appearance stand point.

Thanks, and once again awesome build thread!

Old 05-18-2015, 09:13 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dave_simpson
do the fairings really do much as far as wind goes?
not my new little one so much; but the others do.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:16 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by robbyville
Gotta say, I've gone through this thread from start to finish, you've done an incredible job on the bike!

You may be able to answer a question for me as well... Is that a Supermeg exhaust? If so, how do you like it? I see that you changed from the Bassani you had before. Also would you mind snapping a side shot of the bike with the bags on? I've been fighting with my exhaust ever since I got it to quieten it down just a little and am at the point that I might look at a replacement. I've heard good things about the Supertrapp but not sure on the long look with the bags, even though I know that it would put the volume slightly behind me as well. Shame since I really like my current pipes from an appearance stand point.

Thanks, and once again awesome build thread!

thanks man. so far i like the supertrapp. i haven't been able to play around with it too much but i have tried a few different variations of # of discs and open/closed end cap. you can change it from really loud to almost stock sounding, which i really like. and you can change it from a low end TQ power band to high end HP, depending on how many discs you use. it looks good with the bags and keeps the brunt of the sound behind you. i definitely recommend it. ill try to get a pic with the bags on, but it looks good because it goes under it, not too long and not too short.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:41 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Thanks, at this point I've decided to order one. Do you by chance remember if exhaust exhaust gaskets are cone style or normal?

Old 06-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

I used the normal style gasket with no issues.

I did a track day with my DX on wednesday, at Thompson Speedway in CT.

I can't begin to tell you how much fun it was, if you have the opportunity definitely do it!
I started in the slowest group because it went by bike. Quickly lapped everyone so got bumped up to the middle group. Last bike on the track, passed everyone and was the first bike.
Moved up to the fastest group and was the only Harley!

Here are two pics the photographer got.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:57 AM
gnstalodz
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So the 8" risers were as tall as you could go without having to change cables, ect?

I am thinking about rocking 8" with sportster bars, and ordering braided lines.

Also, how was the 95"? was that all you did and was it with the $$?

Old 06-15-2015, 11:10 AM
Jesse_81
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's awesome. Cool bike and ever cooler pics!

Old 06-17-2015, 10:21 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by gnstalodz
So the 8" risers were as tall as you could go without having to change cables, ect?

I am thinking about rocking 8" with sportster bars, and ordering braided lines.

Also, how was the 95"? was that all you did and was it with the $$?
Running 9.5" risers with 1.5" tall bars now. Everything worked except clutch. That seems to be the max though.

The 95" includes Andrews 37g cams, 10.5:1 wiseco pistons, fueling oil pump, adjustable pushrods, heavier clutch spring, and head work. I was running the stock carb and for the money I was pissed. Just installed a 42mm Mikuni and its a whole new bike, DEFINITELY worth the money now...just dont skimp on the carb like I did!

Quick Reply: my new FXDX! mods and questions