Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

11" Bitchen Bagger air shocks on Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Wakko47
Do you have the plastic hose and one valve, or an individual valve on each side? I've got a set that needs to be installed and just haven't figured out where to put the valve.
You can go either way. Stock, they have one valve and the hose. Most remove this set up and install a schrader valve in each. The hoses tend to leak at the fitting...

Old 02-12-2013, 10:51 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Looking great! I am running 12", my gf won't allow me to go lower

Old 02-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Wakko47
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
You can go either way. Stock, they have one valve and the hose. Most remove this set up and install a schrader valve in each. The hoses tend to leak at the fitting...
Is that just a matter of unscrewing the cap and installing a store bought Schrader? Seems easier. Is it hard to get the two sides exactly matched up PSI wise? I have the Harley pump.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Is that just a matter of unscrewing the cap and installing a store bought Schrader? Seems easier. Is it hard to get the two sides exactly matched up PSI wise? I have the Harley pump.
Yep. Just replace with schrader valves. If you have the Harley pump, there's nothing to it...

Old 02-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Cory S
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeiers
This sounds interesting. I may have to try this out. Looking forward to some daylight pics.

Is that rubber boot at the bottom removable? Also, do they just have standard valve stem on them to fill/release air? Also, will the bike slam down when all the air is released, like the Arnott or Monroe shocks that I have seen on some baggers and other bikes?

(Update): I am looking at their website now. What was the turnaround time?
turn around time was 6 business days i 2 dayed them to Ron on day one and they were on my doorstep on day 6. i am in FL and he is in AZ, and yes the rubber is removable i might remove them tonight and see how it looks

Originally Posted by SLV
I'm curious about this too. I'm assuming these are just the shocks and not a compressor setup. If they do drop to the bottom, I wonder if they can be adapted to a compressor setup. I love the slammed look, but don't care for the ride.
they do not drop to the bottom. they ride better than the stock shocks. and dont beat the hell out of my kidneys like the progressives

Originally Posted by SLV
Those pipes are freaking cool BTW. What are they?
They are Bassani Firesweeps

Do you have the plastic hose and one valve, or an individual valve on each side? I've got a set that needs to be installed and just haven't figured out where to put the valve.
i am going to get the hose kit and run it under the seat with the schrader valve in front of the battery box

these schraders i bought at home depot in the well pump area for $2 it is not hard at all to get them exactly the same with the harley pump.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Wakko47
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Why are you gonna run the hose kit then?

Old 02-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Cory S
Cruiser

Why are you gonna run the hose kit then?
the piping will clean up the look IMO. and filling through one would be easier.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:46 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Ok, so if I run no air at all, since I run on the lowest preload setting on the Progressive 412's I have now, will the ride still be better than the 412s???

Old 02-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Cory S
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jmeiers
Ok, so if I run no air at all, since I run on the lowest preload setting on the Progressive 412's I have now, will the ride still be better than the 412s???
i run 20lbs and it rides 10 x better that my 412's i was also on the lightest i weigh 190lbs

Old 02-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Cory S
Cruiser

Quick Reply: 11" Bitchen Bagger air shocks on Dyna