Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodby FXDXT...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 08:18 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 433 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Goodby FXDXT...

Well; I can't believe it but I've sold my FXDXT project of many years and many miles and will now ride an FXDF...with a little customizing...the T has been a great bike, but I needed to move onto something more current for my travels and couldn't stand to see it sit in the garage waiting for a ride...I interviewed two prospective owners and she's going to a real good home...another machine to miss; maybe more than any other over the years.

Please don't ask why I didn't "upgrade" to an FLH; I'm still months away from 60...

Think I'll go have a drink now.

Attached Thumbnails Goodby FXDXT...-kis-bridge-and-bennet-dam-card-dump-27-july-2012-049-large-.jpg  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of the nicest bikes on the site. New owner should be happy.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:37 PM
CaptainHook
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I often look to your t-sport for ideas on mine. Hope you enjoy your new wheels

Old 02-12-2013, 09:40 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

I've been thinking of trading my modified 2010 street bob for a FXDXT. I've never ridden one and only seen a few in person. What were your main reasons for trading to a newer bike? Everything I've done has been to make my bike more sporting and the T seems like a bike a could throw an exhaust on and powdercoat some parts and be done.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:24 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkey
Well; I can't believe it but I've sold my FXDXT project of many years and many miles and will now ride an FXDF...with a little customizing...the T has been a great bike, but I needed to move onto something more current for my travels and couldn't stand to see it sit in the garage waiting for a ride...I interviewed two prospective owners and she's going to a real good home...another machine to miss; maybe more than any other over the years.

Please don't ask why I didn't "upgrade" to an FLH; I'm still months away from 60...

Think I'll go have a drink now.
Sharkey ... say it ain't so ...!

... can't believe it ... as much TLC and great mods as you've put into that bike ...

... oh well, on to 'bigger and better' things ... there are some great options out there to be able to turn the FXDF Fat Bob into a modern, upgraded version of your FXDXT ...

Best wishes with the new ride ...

R/
'Chop

Old 02-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Danofxdx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone got a great bike, I may get a new bike someday but not until I can afford to have two I'm sure it was not easy for you You area good source of information and inspiration for us T-Sport owners. I just picked up a six speed and with the bullet proof 103” motor she will keep up with the new bikes, all she needs is ignition and a new CV44 carb and she will pretty much be done! Good luck with your new ride and Ride Safe!!!

Old 02-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sure your FXDF will be sweet when mods are finished, can't wait to see the result

Old 02-13-2013, 08:51 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 433 Likes on 260 Posts

Thanks for all the "condolences". My wife and I have done 26 states and 6 provinces on our bikes in the last few years with some real good friends...the T was just a bit too much of a thoroughbred for plow horse use; some of the dealers we stopped at didn't even know what it was...and if you need anything on the road, the easier it is to get the part the quicker you're back riding with your friends. Soon all HD techs will think "carbs" have something to do with pasta. I'm enjoying the Fat Bob and plan a few changes...glad to have owned such a relatively exotic HD; I am certain bikes like the FXDX/T's will never again come out of HD's doors...enjoy the day...

Old 02-13-2013, 09:03 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkey
Thanks for all the "condolences". My wife and I have done 26 states and 6 provinces on our bikes in the last few years with some real good friends...the T was just a bit too much of a thoroughbred for plow horse use; some of the dealers we stopped at didn't even know what it was...and if you need anything on the road, the easier it is to get the part the quicker you're back riding with your friends. Soon all HD techs will think "carbs" have something to do with pasta. I'm enjoying the Fat Bob and plan a few changes...glad to have owned such a relatively exotic HD; I am certain bikes like the FXDX/T's will never again come out of HD's doors...enjoy the day...
I am in the same boat as you, I am thinking FXDF because I don't know if I can trust part availability for my bike while on the road.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:56 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

dude... man i did not even get to make an offer! i love this bike... sad to see it go... AND NOT TO ME, but i understand man sometimes it is time for the next one! congrats on the new scoot... god i love that bike...

Quick Reply: Goodby FXDXT...