Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a measurement from the FLD footboard kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 11:26 AM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack Russell
I am pretty sure you would have to make another rear footboard support. to get past that bend in your front head pipe.
If I had the measurements I am asking for, I would be able to tell. I didn't think it would be so difficult. I hope my dealer has a switchback in stock because I may have to go there and get it myself.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:27 AM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master

Originally Posted by dirtdobber
measurements is all he is asking for.
Help him out.
Thanks man

Old 02-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Jack Russell
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by '10FatGlidin'
Thanks man
I will help you out and measure the bracket tonight.
Jack

Old 02-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I would have helped but my bike is snowed in the shed, about a foot has fallen over the last couple of days. sorry Man

Old 02-27-2013, 08:30 PM
Jack Russell
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Measurements

Measurements are 6" overall length, measured from end of support mount to the end where the board mounts. and the width from where the support mounts to the frame outward to the hole for the footboard to mount to is 4.75-5". these are in the ball park....I didnt have time to dismantle the footboard. I will note that this rear support does not have enough bend in it where it look like it would clear your exhaust. I hope this give you an idea, if you need more info let me know.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:49 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't think making a rear support is a big deal.
You could use some cold roll round stock to make the bend under and back up for the Floorboard. Then just weld 2 pieces of flat metal, 0ne for the frame and one for the floorboard. just notch the flat metal so the round stock can fit into the notch and weld both sides.
this is only a idea, it's your project.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:17 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master

Originally Posted by Jack Russell
Measurements are 6" overall length, measured from end of support mount to the end where the board mounts. and the width from where the support mounts to the frame outward to the hole for the footboard to mount to is 4.75-5". these are in the ball park....I didnt have time to dismantle the footboard. I will note that this rear support does not have enough bend in it where it look like it would clear your exhaust. I hope this give you an idea, if you need more info let me know.
Originally Posted by dirtdobber
I don't think making a rear support is a big deal.
You could use some cold roll round stock to make the bend under and back up for the Floorboard. Then just weld 2 pieces of flat metal, 0ne for the frame and one for the floorboard. just notch the flat metal so the round stock can fit into the notch and weld both sides.
this is only a idea, it's your project.
Thanks a bunch to both of you guys. I'm gonna look at my pipes and make some more measurements of my own and decide if I want to try this. Thanks again!

Old 02-27-2013, 10:31 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

How about going forward with the rear support instead of going under the pipe? You would have to manufacture a piece that attaches to the holes where the rear support goes. Then extend that forward to clear the pipe

Old 02-28-2013, 02:32 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master

Well, I just ordered the kit. Hopefully it should be here sooner than the 7-10 business days that I was quoted. If the project is beyond my ability/budget, I figure I can probably sell it on here anyway. Thanks for your input everyone!

Old 04-05-2013, 02:49 AM
abhishek_sundaram
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by '10FatGlidin'
Well, I just ordered the kit. Hopefully it should be here sooner than the 7-10 business days that I was quoted. If the project is beyond my ability/budget, I figure I can probably sell it on here anyway. Thanks for your input everyone!
Did this work for you.
I'm thinking of getting the same for my 2013 FXDb Street Bob. I have the Big radius 2 into 1 as well.
Cheers

Quick Reply: Need a measurement from the FLD footboard kit