Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Signal options on street bob??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 08:03 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Pm me ok

Old 04-06-2013, 08:58 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdbennett
hey thanks a lot man, very informative !! do you have any idea of what load equalizer on j&p you would you recommend for a '13?? also I cannot seem to see anywhere in the info about joker astro's about being 1157 compatible. do you know if they are ??
Sorry. I should clarify.
1156 and 1157 refer to the style of plugin for the bulb (like the stock HD turn signal bulbs.)
1156 is single intensity (1 filament with one brightness)
1157 is dual intensity (2 filaments with two different brightness)

What you need to confirm for the rear is that the light is dual intensity.

For the front, Single intensity LED setups will flash normal but the flash brightness is the same as the running brightness. A dual intensity LED (or any light) will flash brighter than the run lights.

To answer your question though; the JM front fork mounted LED are single intensity. They do not change brightness when flashing. It doesn't matter though. They are fairly bright anyway and very visible. I love mine.

On the back, I use the Radiantz 1157 compatible LED array that plugs into the normal bulb socket.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:02 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Oops.

http://www.newportmotorsports.com/pr...5/default.aspx

Here's a load EQ for you. This was recommended by the chief electrician at HD engineering. I haven't installed it yet. It should go in the front circuit.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:52 PM
fxdbennett
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SLV I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this ! much appreciated bro.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:16 PM
johnnyjellybean
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm also running the Jokers but like this................

Old 04-06-2013, 11:03 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by fxdbennett
SLV I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this ! much appreciated bro.
No problem. PM me if you have any questions.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:29 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by AussieTX
Currently I have the ugly stock ones, but I am planning on doing a TruFlex integrated brake/signal LED bar on my rear fender, and doing Tru Wrapz LEDs on my front forks for turn signals.
I did this to the rear of my Street Bob, still stock up front...waiting until I change out my bars. You should be able to us the TruFLEX Dual Converter on the front lights, allowing them to take the three wire system (run wire, turn wire and ground wire) and convert it to a two wire setup of the JM lights and then they will run at half intensity and when used as turn they will run full intensity, this will also trick your system not telling it you have a light out because it provides the correct feed back / resistance to the system.

If you have questions, PM me.

Last edited by blueangel73; 04-07-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:14 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Here's the story regarding the '13 model and CanBUS system.

You can install LED's at all four locations and they will flash normally. They will also function as running lights just as the OEM lights.
You do want 1157 compatible lights for the rear. This will ensure your brake lights are brighter than the running lights (the signal flash will be brighter too.)

For the front, as someone else posted, LED lights will operate at different voltage inputs. As a result, some of the aftermarket products won't list 1157 compatibility, but they will work; they just might not display a brighter light on flash compared to just running operation.

Regardless, everything will flash at the normal speed.

The only bug in the process is the flash of the green LED's in your dash. These lights will flash normal for two flashes, then flash rapidly. This is the system's way to tell you that a bulb is out. It does this because the LED's don't provide enough resistance for he system to recognize normal operation.

To fix the dash-flash, you will need a load equalizer in the front signal circuit.
I didn't have that problem. I wonder if it's because I have turn signal mirrors running with the LED turn signals...i.e., built in equalizer.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:19 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Love it! Is the wire attached to the flex led bar visible? I was thinking to do the same a while ago.

Originally Posted by blueangel73

Old 03-23-2014, 06:28 PM
lonesomerider
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED chrome tailight turn signal bar

Originally Posted by 128auto
Pm me ok

found a picture you posted in turn signal options for a street bon and I really like the chrome bar with led taillights on it. ive seen ot before but can't find it anywhere. Do you know who makes it or where I can get it?

Quick Reply: Best Signal options on street bob??