Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNA WIDE GLIDE...YOUR OPINIONS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 03:04 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default DYNA WIDE GLIDE...YOUR OPINIONS?

So last weekend I went riding with a few buddies and one of the guys was on a new Street Bob. We got to talking about his bike and he's telling me how the ride is so great...probably the best riding bike in the HD lineup. Well...considering I'm used to riding a Touring Bike, I do like a smooth ride, but I'm not sure it beats an Ultra. In any case, I've always believed that Dyna's ride better than Softail's due to the suspension set-up. Having owned neither and only ridden a Softail and never a Dyna, I really cannot judge the two.

I have been kicking around the idea of buying a new bike and I must admit, I do like the looks of the Dyna Wide Glide. I love the rake of the front end and the overall look.

What are your thoughts? How is the Dyna ride compared the others? Would you recommend buying a Dyna over a Softail?

Old 02-25-2007, 03:12 PM
streetboob
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DYNA WIDE GLIDE...YOUR OPINIONS?

I went from a 1989 Sportster to an 07 Street Bob. That is like going from a horse drawn cart to a Cadillac, as far as the ride is concerned. Therefore I think the ride of a Dyna is great. I have rode several Softails and Touring bikes too, and honestly don't notice too much of a difference. The only thing I noticed is the wind blockage from the Road King and FLHT makes for a nicer ride on a windy day.

BTW Wide Glides do look nice. Go for it.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Dyna guys wil tell you the Dyna is best. There are probably Sporty riders who think it's the best too.

I saved pocket change for almost 20 years for my Harley and all that time wanted a FatBoy. When I finally decided to buy, I rode one and didn't like it. I also rode a Deuce and several other softail models. I picked the Wide Glide because is was a more nimble feeling ride andthe rear suspensionfelt so much better than any of the softail models I rode. It's far from an ultra touring bike but it can be set up with lots of creature comforts while maintaining the sleaker appearance and keeping its agile handling.

I suggest you ride as many as you can before signing on the line.

Goos luck!

Old 02-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Ole Geezer
Cruiser

I bought my 05 Dyna Wide Glide in March of 2005 and couldn't ride it till the snow melted. In the past 2 summers I have only put on 21,000 miles. I need to get out and ride more. I have a bud that has the Electra Glide Standard and in my opinion the Wide Glide is the smoother ride plus the Wide Glide just plain looks better - but I may be partial. One of these days I want to get higher "Apes" but for now I just enjoy riding it the way it is.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:04 PM
eleutheros
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry I haven't ridden any other Harley except my WG. I wanted this style Harley for 40 years. I bought it in Feb 06 without having ever ridden any Harley. I climbed on, rode off, and it fits like a glove with the deep seat, high bars, forward controls, 6 speed, excellent quality, and lots of power. 90 miles a day. I don't like gadgets, plastic, or extra metal. Sounds like test rides would be good in you're case.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:05 PM
WdGldDave
Road Captain

The sitting position is a lot different when you compare the SB with the WG. I'm with you, I dig the rake on the WG. I always seem to drool over the 07 custom softail when they have one at the dealer but I'm just a lot more comfortable on the WG. I can almost stretch my legs out!

Old 02-25-2007, 07:45 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah...I thinkI will do a weekend rental and see how it goes from there. I like HD's rental program. it allows you the opportunity to try everything out first before buying. A very good way to go.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:48 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: tda69

Yeah...I thinkI will do a weekend rental and see how it goes from there. I like HD's rental program. it allows you the opportunity to try everything out first before buying. A very good way to go.
took the words, right out of my mouth

Old 02-25-2007, 08:13 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Are you keeping the bagger or trading it in?

Joe
[&:]

Old 02-25-2007, 09:09 PM
SWOOP_IN
Cruiser

I'm 6'1" with long legs so the FXDWG was always top of my choice because of looks and the forward controls, I think the ride is smooth even with passengers. the wide glide gives the look of a chopper especially when you start to make your own add ons and changes, but rides so smooth you can go for miles the most in one day for me is 690 miles. I like the vibration of the motor and the way the bike rumbles its all around a cool bike.

Quick Reply: DYNA WIDE GLIDE...YOUR OPINIONS?