Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust options for my Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 12:58 AM
nomoore77
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my V&H Big Shots! Great sound and style. As far as performance I can't really say being that this is my first newer harley.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Staylebait
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the SE slip ons when I bought my 08 and they sounded terrible, probably had to do with some corrosion and a leak on them. Got some Rush 2" slip ons on eBay for $115 shipped.

These things sound MUCH better and are much louder. Definitely has a throatier and more Harley sound to it, the EPA crap has destroyed the sound on the SE slip ons. Just get some popping on the deceleration, but according to this forum I need to get it tuned which I will do when soon. So if you can find them for cheap they are a great way to go, but nothing beats the sound and performance of a full exhaust system.

Just my $0.02 on owning the Rush ones.

I will post pics of them on my profile tonight.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:51 PM
swedefour
Intermediate

I just removed the V&H Slip ons and put on V&H Propipe, stayed with HD supertuner.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:52 PM
clang
Cruiser

I went with a SuperTrapp SuperMeg, but my priorities are different than many people here. I wanted increased all around power while maintaining a decibel level as close to stock as possible and I wanted an exhaust that would not drag on sharp turns like my stock one did. The SuperMeg is also tunable by adding or removing disks, so all I added were XiEDs when I went stage 1

Old 09-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Wranglin4Life
Tourer

The only problem with the 2-1 exhaust options, IMO they all are ugly as hell. I just dont like the way they look at all. Im looking at a set of rineharts, I like the way they sound on you tube... Plus they look good.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:42 AM
charmn
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1dark883
So I am looking for pipes for my fat bob. I know this has probably been discussed many times... Hoping to not **** anyone off by discussing it again. I had the short shots on my sportster and I really liked the sound of the bike. They arent to expensive, around $430. I really like the Big Radius 2 into 2 but those pipes are around $730 (OUCH!!)

I was thinking of just going with some slip ons but I want to get black ones but I think it would look silly with black slip ons and chrome header pipes. Let me know what you guys have and if you have pics of your setup that would be good too. Thanks.
Have the chrome Vance and Hines slip ons on my 2012 Fat Bob. Not black of course, but have a good sound. Changed the air box and did the Harley download. Have some decell popping but so far I am happy with the pipes. Vance and Hines straight shots on the FXDX. New to the forum so hope I am posting correctly.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'vee had a set of V&H slip-ons on my FXDC & they sounded good, but no slip-on is going to help performance. Decided I wanted more out of my bike so I had Woods TW-222 cams installed this spring & tried to dyno with the slip-ons & it was disappointing. I needed a good 2-1 pipe for real performance gains & after a lot of research & talking to my tuner, I went with the D&D Fat Cat with the big boar baffle. The pipe alone made huge gains on the dyno & in real world riding & I love the look & sound. Yes, it is fairly loud when you get on it, but nice sound at idle & not loud at all going down the road.

You may be happy with slip-ons, but I recommend not making the mistake most do and trying to save money by doing slip-ons & do a full system the first time. Also, if you want real performance gains, you need a good 2-1 pipe. If all you want to do is change the sound, then slip-ons might make you happy.

Lastly, don't skimp on the tune either...there is no replacement for a good dyno tune with a good tuner, which I highly recommend expecially if you do a 2-1 pipe.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:53 AM
toku58
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharkman73
I'vee had a set of V&H slip-ons on my FXDC & they sounded good, but no slip-on is going to help performance. Decided I wanted more out of my bike so I had Woods TW-222 cams installed this spring & tried to dyno with the slip-ons & it was disappointing. I needed a good 2-1 pipe for real performance gains & after a lot of research & talking to my tuner, I went with the D&D Fat Cat with the big boar baffle. The pipe alone made huge gains on the dyno & in real world riding & I love the look & sound. Yes, it is fairly loud when you get on it, but nice sound at idle & not loud at all going down the road.

You may be happy with slip-ons, but I recommend not making the mistake most do and trying to save money by doing slip-ons & do a full system the first time. Also, if you want real performance gains, you need a good 2-1 pipe. If all you want to do is change the sound, then slip-ons might make you happy.

Lastly, don't skimp on the tune either...there is no replacement for a good dyno tune with a good tuner, which I highly recommend expecially if you do a 2-1 pipe.
I'm looking for a tuner now. I was thinking about the V&H Fuelpak because it's user friendly. I was alos considering the PCV but this requires downloading maps. The Fuelpak just requires input of codes. (I think)

Which tuner would you consider good?

Old 09-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Wranglin4Life
Tourer

Sorry for the lack of info in my original post. I am not necessarily looking for power gains with the exhaust, mainly to make it sound like a harley instead of a honda. I certainly dont want to hurt the performance in any way its just the bike has enough ***** for me as it is. I just traded in my 883 sportster on it and its safe to say it has a little more get up and go than my sporty did. Lol.

I really dislike the look of all the 2 into 1 pipes. Havent found 1 I like it all. Just my opinion. I have read nothing but good things about rinehart pipes... I may have to bite the bullet and just spend the money on them.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:08 PM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

I put a set of non cat Wide Glide stock staggered pipes with S&S slip on tapered mufflers on mine. Sounds great and runs well at what is called "Stage 1". Gives it a sort of old school look.

Quick Reply: Exhaust options for my Fat Bob