Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2014 Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 10:26 PM
camden
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The weather agreed with me today. 60-something in December, so I finally got some time in the saddle since I installed the Brawler seat and Big Shots. (yeah, I'm a puss when it comes to the cold... sue me.)

My verdict on the Brawler seat is...

Basically, it's only marginally better than the stock seat because it's leather and has a more sculpted inner thigh area. Otherwise, it feels identical. Meh.

My verdict on the Big Shots is...

I absolutely love 'em. Aside from some decel pop I need to tune out, they're amazing.

They sound awesome. They're loud enough that I can hear 'em while riding, but not too loud that they're annoying. My wife says they're louder than the V&H slip-ons I had on my Nightster, but they sound about the same to me.

My seat-of-the-pants dyno says the Fuel Moto A/C, V&H Big Shots, and Power Vision combo was abso-freakin-lutely worth every single penny.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:33 PM
camden
Tourer

Oh, and I've had the forwards on for a while, but I thought I'd add this...

For me, they're way better than mids... I love the riding position with forwards and apes... however...

I busted my right ankle years ago and while I don't have pain or anything like that, it behaves differently than my left... one way it behaves differently is that it bends more. I think that might be contributing to the feeling as though my right foot is always slipping off the peg. Or maybe my right leg is shorter than my left. Who knows. No issues with my left foot though.

In any case, I think I either need to find some normal looking pegs that have stickier rubber, or perhaps heel rests or mini floorboards. Anyone have any advice here?

Old 12-16-2013, 11:36 PM
r3c0il
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camden
Oh, and I've had the forwards on for a while, but I thought I'd add this...

For me, they're way better than mids... I love the riding position with forwards and apes... however...

I busted my right ankle years ago and while I don't have pain or anything like that, it behaves differently than my left... one way it behaves differently is that it bends more. I think that might be contributing to the feeling as though my right foot is always slipping off the peg. Or maybe my right leg is shorter than my left. Who knows. No issues with my left foot though.

In any case, I think I either need to find some normal looking pegs that have stickier rubber, or perhaps heel rests or mini floorboards. Anyone have any advice here?
I notice my right foot seems to feel like it wants to slide off too with my forward controls.

Last edited by r3c0il; 12-16-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:17 AM
ifastx
Intermediate

nice bike

Old 12-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Alleyn
Tourer

Originally Posted by r3c0il
I notice my right foot seems to feel like it wants to slide off too with my forward controls.
X2

My left foot stays planted, under the shift lever. But the right foot, hovering over the brake pedal, wants instead to slip off to the right.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:32 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Alleyn
X2

My left foot stays planted, under the shift lever. But the right foot, hovering over the brake pedal, wants instead to slip off to the right.
I used to experience this when I used regular pegs. I went to MX and BMX pedals and my feet stick like glue.

Try these or one of their variants. http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Stea...DK-SGS-SBT.htm

Old 12-17-2013, 09:12 AM
camden
Tourer

Ha! Well at least I know now that I'm not crazy.

Originally Posted by SLV
I used to experience this when I used regular pegs. I went to MX and BMX pedals and my feet stick like glue.

Try these or one of their variants. http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Stea...DK-SGS-SBT.htm
I've seen those, but I'd prefer more traditional looking pegs if I can find some that have rubber that's stickier than stock... if something such as that even exists.

I've had my eye on the RSD and PM pegs, but not sure I want to drop that kind of cash on something that may not be any better functionally than stock. I guess I should just bite the bullet and take a chance.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:02 AM
RomeoMike
Cruiser

Nice list and what's great about HDs and the SB is my list is completely different then yours and those differences can go on the same bike.

Old 12-13-2014, 04:46 PM
camden
Tourer

Just placed an order with New Castle for all the parts I need for a full rear fender.

$759 + $45 shipping = $804 total

I updated my first post with all the parts that were ordered.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:09 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by camden
Just placed an order with New Castle for all the parts I need for a full rear fender.

$759 + $45 shipping = $804 total

I updated my first post with all the parts that were ordered.
Your parts list is what I stole for the fender swap I did on mine. I found a take-off on eBay, however.

Quick Reply: My 2014 Street Bob