Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made a decision

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 07:09 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
Something I learned from many years of long-distance cycling...soft saddles cause numbness (sometimes in unfortunate areas). A firm saddle takes a little getting used to, but you won't have all the cushiony stuff smooshing into all those little vessels and cutting of the circulation.
This is why I love my Corbin Dual Tour...it's very firm, but on a long run it feels way better than any softer seat I have rode on. Wifey likes it too.

So, what direction are you taking your bike now?

Old 10-22-2013, 07:17 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by timfromfc
If only we had unlimited funds to have a different bike for all occasions. Since that isn't reality for most of us, then sticking with the Dyna seems like a good choice.
Exactly....yeah, I would love to have 2 or 3 bikes but that's unrealistic in my world, right now anyway.

House, wife, 3 boys, wife's truck payment & life all seem to eat up my paycheck every week, lol

MY truck is paid for & I have a small bike payment...goal is to keep my truck, get my bike paid off, and buy another bike before my oldest needs his own truck in a few years (he's 13 now).

Now that I'm going to have my Dyna all set up for every situation, it will be a do it all...dress it up for distances and strip it down when I feel like it.

If and when the time comes in a couple years I can afford another bike, honestly I'll probably buy a Sporty of some sort. Wife wants to learn to ride & I would love to have one to buzz around short distances on. Wife wants a 48...I dig them too & they're a fun scoot to blast around on.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:20 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SLV
You are not alone in your evil thoughts. I spent the weekend in Daytona and both of my buddies have baggers (an Ultra and Street Glide.)

I fell in love with the Street Glide, then, I rode home alone (got called into work.) I took the interstate to make time and I'm still feeling the effects of the apes. My bike is awesome everywhere but 75 mph and above.

Like you, I fought the urge to look at a different bike, but I decided to change bars and add a gauntlet fairing. Even though the apes wore me out on the interstate, the nimbleness and power-to-weight ratio of the Dyna left me smiling to whole way. I want to keep the benefits of the Dyna, but stretch it's comfortable interstate capability to DC or Miami from my home in Savannah. As it is, 250 miles of interstate beats me down.
I know looks are not the best, but a QD windshield or small fairing of some sort makes all the difference in the world on longer rides.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:22 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by wes mullen
Does anyone have a close up pic of stock forward controls on a newer dyna? thanks

switchin from mid to forward
My sig pic is about as close of a pic as I have. Love my forwards.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:31 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rooti
Sharkman, we have always thought alike. You know how much I have always loved the road king as well. My wife does ride with me about 30% of the time so that also plays into the idea. But to be honest, with the suspension mods, the seats, the mini floorboards, and now the handlebars...The RK will not be anymore comfortable for her as the dyna is. It fits her well and is super comfy. I've been up to 100MPH with her on the back and the bike is rock solid. We both prefer country roads (the twisties) over the freeway so it just doesn't make sense. The dyna is paid for, I could only sell it for half of the money I have tied up in it (heavily modded) and I would have to have another payment. I'm not going touring anytime soon, I love the way I can back out of my garage with a car in the garage and one in the driveway with very little effort. My brother went from a dyna to a bagger and has tipped over his bike 4 times in 2 years.

Dump some money into the suspension and get the king out of your mind.

We always want what we don't have, but the trade offs just are not worth it. The madness has to stop.

The dyna has got me out of a lot of bad situations with cagers because it is so nimble, so fast, and so skinny. The only trouble I have with the dyna is keeping a current pic as it changes so much.

I know who you got your brown leathers from and your going to love them, you got a great deal and you will be surprised what great condition they are in. The solo bag in my sig pic is from the same guy and I love the look.

Enjoy the dyna, get the wife comfy on it, and ride the wheels off of it...only way we're going to get our moneys worth out of it.
Yup, my bike changes so much it's hard to keep a current pic, lol.

Which mini floorboards do you have Rooti? Do you have the Kury 7916s or 4392s? How do you like them? I'm planning on installing the 7916s sometime.

It's funny you mention backing out of the garage...I have my own shop just for the bike and tools & there's a concrete approach going up to it that's at a good incline. When I back out of the shop, I get it upright, kick up the stand, and push myself backwards hard and coast out of the shop, down the incline, and out into my driveway and have my feet up the whole time, using my front brake for control, lol. I can balance it good going backwards too. This is probably a good 20' ride backwards with my feet up. Don't know if I would try that with a King or not with the additional weight..

Old 10-22-2013, 07:37 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Robbie13
As others have said, I would love to have a Street Glide as well. That being said I will NEVER part with my bob. I have put too much time and work into it. I'm hoping someday (and I will!) have a SG in addition to my bob. I just can't turn her loose. I will go without food first.
That's one sweet looking bob Robbie! I always admire your bike when I see your pics. I would love to take an FXDB that direction some day.

My wife always asks me what we would do or get rid of IF for some reason I would ever lose my job. I always tell her that I'll make sure her & the kids have a roof over there head, food on the table & a dependable vehicle first, but I'll never sell my bike. I would sell my truck & everything else I have & eat ramen noodles every day before I would even think about selling my bike...my bike is a part of me & who I am, not just a bike.
Take away my bike & you might as well just take me out back & shoot me & put me out of my misery, lol.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

I just bought a set of Kury mini floorboards....we'll see how they work out.
Decided to go this route first since I found some for less then $70 including adaptors. The 7916s +spline adaptors are a lot more money, so I'm gonna try the minis first.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:34 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharkman73
This is why I love my Corbin Dual Tour...it's very firm, but on a long run it feels way better than any softer seat I have rode on. Wifey likes it too.

So, what direction are you taking your bike now?
LOL, it's already there...see my sig pic. Those beautiful brown leathers just didn't look right on it anymore and deserved a better home on a bobber.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:36 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

A detach windshiled makes all the difference in the world when bookin it down the freeway. Get to where your going, take the sheild off, put it in the place your sleeping and enjoy the shiledless local rides.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SquidHead
LOL, it's already there...see my sig pic. Those beautiful brown leathers just didn't look right on it anymore and deserved a better home on a bobber.
Looks awesome! Again, I love that Lucky Green Flake!

Well, mine isn't a bobber, but hopefully the brown leather bags & seat will look cool on my ride. Obviously when the wife goes along, the Corbin Dual Tour will have to be put on the bike. Weather is too cold here for her to ride until probably April/May again, so I'll be doing a lot of solo riding with the tripper I bought off of you in the mean time, lol.

What fairing is that you have?

Quick Reply: Made a decision