Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why to buy a Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 01:43 PM
JayOhh
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Why to buy a Dyna?

Concidering trading in my 2008 Crossbones for a 2014 Fat Bob.

The main reason is that I want better suspension and better brakes. The bigger engine and double ( better ) headlights doesn't hurt either.

I mainly ride trips of 30-200km ( 20 - 120 miles ) and when it doesn't rain I ride my bike to work ( it rains alot here... )

Coming from sporbikes I want better handling, but doesn't want to lose the comfortable cruising-abilities of the bones.

So convince me that I'm doing the right thing. I think my bike looks better than the Fat Bob ever will, so looks is not an issue. I'm willing to change looks for handling.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've rode about every recent model HD makes, and the Fat Bob is by far the best handling. The fat tires in combination with the dual front disk brakes & drag bar and on a Dyna chassis is just a good setup for handling.

The dual disks on the front make a HUGE difference.

The Fat Bob is a comfortable bike, but it all depends on what makes you comfortable personally. You can always change bars & seat if you want to make it even more comfortable.

The Fat Bob will easily out handle your Crossbones all day, every day.
Looks like the majority of your trips are 120 miles or less....no problem.

Looks are subjective...if you're looking for a better handling HD, you can't go wrong with a Fat Bob. Go for it.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:15 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So get a fat bob nd put a big skull and crossbones on it and a springer front end...best of both worlds.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:37 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The Crossbones is the best looking HD for many years. They really nailed the design.

The FB is a great bike. No issues. It will handle better than a Softail on every ride.

In my opinion, you will lose your *** trading a 6 year old bike. That money could be used to upgrade your motor and brakes. You can also improve your suspension, but not to the level that the FB can reach (with mods.)

Tough call, but I would struggle getting rid of a modern classic like the Crossbones.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:50 PM
JayOhh
Tourer

Originally Posted by SLV
The Crossbones is the best looking HD for many years. They really nailed the design.

The FB is a great bike. No issues. It will handle better than a Softail on every ride.

In my opinion, you will lose your *** trading a 6 year old bike. That money could be used to upgrade your motor and brakes. You can also improve your suspension, but not to the level that the FB can reach (with mods.)

Tough call, but I would struggle getting rid of a modern classic like the Crossbones.
Yeah money is not really an issue here. I have to pay more between the softy and a new dyna than you pay for a new bike in the US. So if I was a smart guy I wouldn't do the trade. But riding bikes isn't about thinking, I need to follow my gut on this one, and my gut is leaning towards the Dyna.

Sidenote: I live in Norway and the price for a 2014FB with new exhaust, AC and a powervision is about $49 000, I will get $29 000 for mine, so I have to lay out about $20 000 between the bikes....

Old 10-29-2013, 03:12 PM
timfromfc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayOhh
Sidenote: I live in Norway and the price for a 2014FB with new exhaust, AC and a powervision is about $49 000, I will get $29 000 for mine, so I have to lay out about $20 000 between the bikes....
Holy crap - that's a whole lot of money!!!

Old 10-29-2013, 04:04 PM
yekans
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayOhh
Holy fjord, batman. Is that US$?

Have you considered importing one yourself? Is that out of the question?

Old 10-29-2013, 04:12 PM
JayOhh
Tourer

Yes that's USD.

Not possible to import anymore. The only important thing in this country, is that the gouvernment gets as much money as possible from all of us.

Earlier we could save a few $ on import, so the gouvernment made sure to close that loophole. A@@holes...

BUT we do have a pretty high income here to make up for the high prices. So $20 000 is still almost a weeks income for me....

Old 10-29-2013, 05:04 PM
bullpupp12
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

a weeks income! dam i'm in the wrong country

Old 10-29-2013, 05:37 PM
triumph900
Road Captain
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Just rode my Fat Bob yesterday. I really like the Fat Bob. Handles really well for a bike that size. I say get the Fat Bob, if the $$$ make sense to you.

Quick Reply: Why to buy a Dyna?