Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob 2013

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 03:04 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

You do not have to hurry and pick an air cleaner, take your time and "Search" some ac threads. The ac is mostly personal preference, look at a bunch, get what looks good to you. One bit of advice, on the Fat Bob the ac can be in the way of your knee, there are some acs that give you more room than others - my S&S Tear Teardrop is one.

Old 12-29-2013, 05:18 PM
mstephan29
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered Arlen Ness Inverted Series Bevelled Air Cleaner, I looked most people with Fat Bob have this one.

Just going to check about the tune, I don't want to screw it up, it's cost to much money.

I wish could take it out, but with all the snow I got, want to try it out.

Thanks

Old 12-29-2013, 05:58 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

That is a nice looking ac and the beveled filter should help with the knee - you have 5 posts now so start posting pics!

Whatever you do, don't go get the HD Stage 1 ECM flash instead of a decent tuner - waste of $$ IMHO.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

It's not necessary to change the air cleaner just because you added pipes but it will complement the power of the new pipes, although it will make it even leaner. the cheapest way to richen the mixture is with zieds from nightrider.com. They will help but are far from a perfect solution. I also recommend giving fuel moto a call, by far the cheapest place to get a good tuner already programmed for your bike, and can be easily reprogrammed for new mods in the future, which they will help you with. I put zieds on my bike and the do help it to run a bit richer, but there is always that question, am I gettin the most out of it. i bought a Powervision form Fuel moto and immediately noticed an improvement, and I am happy with it for now (hehe more mods in the future!).

Old 12-29-2013, 09:28 PM
top dog 67
6th Gear

im new on here, and will be a new rider. just wanted too ask about the FATBOB? I have been going around and around with getting this bike over everyone i have seen, can anyone here tell me if this is a great buy for someone who is just getting back in the saddle. I have been on a lot of bikes and this one is about the only one that seems too fit me because i am 6-2 and 250lbs. i love this bike and have done a lot of research on it but it's nice too hear from folks who have and ride them all the time. feed back is always welcomed and appreciated. thanks

Old 12-29-2013, 09:31 PM
top dog 67
6th Gear

My questions is it easy too handle and control, is it expensive too own, is it hard too find Mod's for it, will it travel well. thanks

Old 12-29-2013, 11:37 PM
toku58
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by top dog 67
my questions is it easy too handle and control, is it expensive too own, is it hard too find mod's for it, will it travel well. Thanks
yes!:d

Old 12-29-2013, 11:45 PM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by top dog 67
My questions is it easy too handle and control, is it expensive too own, is it hard too find Mod's for it, will it travel well. thanks
Welcome to the forum. As a convertible the FatBob is a fantastic bike that handles well and has tremendous potential with a few suspension upgrades as you grow into the bike. Like every Dyna there are tons of mods available for the FatBob. The only thing that you may find difficult to find is a faring for dual head lights.
As with every 103 there are a wide variety of performance upgrades and you will find it responds extremely well to even the smallest modification.
Bob

Old 12-30-2013, 01:27 PM
top dog 67
6th Gear

Originally Posted by toku58
yes!:d
Thanks for the info on the fat bob, I will take all this information and use it. thanks

Old 12-30-2013, 02:28 PM
mstephan29
4th Gear

Hey Top dog 67...
I am 5'11
180 pounds Fat bob is my first bike ever, you will love the bike.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob 2013