Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2013 Wide Glide Advice Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 01:45 PM
riderboy1961
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I am really impressed with the power of this new Wide Glide!! The 103" engine has as much or more power than my Evo with all the high performance engine work it had. Plus I really like the 2 year warranty. Looking forward to warmer days this Spring

Old 03-19-2014, 01:18 PM
smccallWG
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love my 2013 WG. I'm now trying to decide between V&H Big Shots or Big Radius 2 into 2.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Melo4x4
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will like the bike. I have a 2011 and have had zero issues. The stock seat didn't agree with me though. I picked up a used Fat Bob seat on ebay for cheap and it is much better

Old 03-20-2014, 06:05 AM
oakspeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

great bike. the only issues ive had are thin paint on the rear fender, causing it to rust up within a year of owning it. and the lacquer coming off the fork lowers. however, i do ride my bike all year round, here in the UK, and it rains for 3/ of the year.
reliability wise, its never missed a beat.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:36 AM
North Road
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Bought my 2013 WG last summer. Love the bike, no problems so far.Put the big radius 2 into 2 this winter, love the sound.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:03 AM
CEJohnson21
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the Dyna models, especially the Fat Bob, Wide Glide and Street Bob. I'm tall so the forward foot controls and drag bars on my Fat Bob work great.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:42 PM
riderboy1961
Tourer

I have ended up doing a few mods after all. Slammer shocks on the rea. took off the stock rider seat replaced it with a double layer of Cardboard wrapped in Black Electrical tape, looks ok but, lowered my body down at least 3" for free and actually more comfortable than the stock seat. Black rear fender rack and Black 16" Sissy bar. Took off the mufflers and pulled the Fiberglass packing out, shortend the baffles to 6" long and re installed with rivets. Looking into a: Free or inexpensive Air Cleaner Mod that I can do myself (that works of course) and the FL-ViED-10 fuel enrichener mod. - I will try to leave it alone after that...
I thought I would love the quiet pipes and I do but, I have already had a number of cagers not hear me or see me and pull out in front of me or over into my lane then pull back, I see I need those loud pipes after all. When I finish these few more mods I may just pull the baffle out completely, the Cat is still in the collector of the head pipe.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:27 PM
CBRTRX
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by riderboy1961
I have ended up doing a few mods after all. Slammer shocks on the rea. took off the stock rider seat replaced it with a double layer of Cardboard wrapped in Black Electrical tape, looks ok but, lowered my body down at least 3" for free and actually more comfortable than the stock seat. Black rear fender rack and Black 16" Sissy bar. Took off the mufflers and pulled the Fiberglass packing out, shortend the baffles to 6" long and re installed with rivets. Looking into a: Free or inexpensive Air Cleaner Mod that I can do myself (that works of course) and the FL-ViED-10 fuel enrichener mod. - I will try to leave it alone after that...
I thought I would love the quiet pipes and I do but, I have already had a number of cagers not hear me or see me and pull out in front of me or over into my lane then pull back, I see I need those loud pipes after all. When I finish these few more mods I may just pull the baffle out completely, the Cat is still in the collector of the head pipe.

Cardboard seat? I gotta see pics.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:23 PM
saddlebag
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRTRX
Cardboard seat? I gotta see pics.
It is April 1 ya know.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:14 PM
riderboy1961
Tourer

I will ad a couple pics to my Photobucket of the cardboard seat set up, that was the first thing I did along with spinning the handlebar risers 180` to move my hands 1" farther forward than stock, another FREE mod The new shocks were not on the bike yet in these photo's.

Quick Reply: New 2013 Wide Glide Advice Please