Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

21 is DONE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 09:23 PM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Man do i love your ride...i love to see custom switchbacks...makes me wish i had one...ride safe!!

Old 03-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

Sweet ride, love that 21!!

Old 03-18-2014, 12:04 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Very sharp looking Ride! As to the wobble, I would do as Joe suggested. Check the fall away on the front end and make sure the rear is aligned properly. Also double check tire pressures. I don't have any experience with a 21" front, but my buddy does on his Fatbob. Maybe not an apples to apples comparison, but he does have a Tru-Track and he's never complained about a wobble. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:20 AM
butch patrick
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could see owning one of these one day. To me, your bike looks better than any bagger I have seen. Great job on all your changes.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:21 AM
justwist
Novice

Originally Posted by JRK5892
looks great! your speed whoble is what has me worried, a 21 should def not cause that. Check your fall away, and your rear tire alignment. i would start there to correct this issue. is the tire balaned? also make sure the bead is seated evenly all the way around the wheel
Yah... cant get it figured out. I had removed the rear wheel to replace the brake rotor to match the front when installing the 21. Having the rear wheel off gave me a chance to give it a thorough cleaning and inspection, the counter balance weights and tire beading looked fine. Tire alignment on the other hand is a bit of a concern as I did all the work myself. This is my first HD but I've been around motorcycles the better part of 25 years (rear wheel installs on sportbikes for track days were pretty common). I have the proper HD rear wheel alignment tool and belt tension gauge, all fasteners torqued per HD factory service manual. But all this does not make me a certified HD tech and i'm now second guessing my work. The only thing out of the ordinary is the rear wheel offset on the belt drive side which is normal for Harley's. I test rode more yesterday trying to induce a speed wobble (crazy right?) but wasn't able to reproduce the same conditions. I get noticeable rear end sway when leaned over on a high speed sweeper. Is this suppose to be normal? Checking fall away and rear wheel alignment today. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:23 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Love it! Looks like a Dyna-lux

Old 03-18-2014, 12:06 PM
justwist
Novice

Originally Posted by Frank Castle
Thats EXACTLY how I thought/think of them (FLDs') as well... put pans on that motor and the right box under the seat suddenly morphs into an oil tank.. bang!! instant 58' duo glide !!!! sans a kicker pedal and the chrome triangle toolbox

sweet bike !
Highly influenced by the DUO GLIDE and the FL models of that period. If I can just find my original battery cover that came with my bike. I save everything, guess i have some boxes to sort through.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:45 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by justwist
Yah... cant get it figured out. I had removed the rear wheel to replace the brake rotor to match the front when installing the 21. Having the rear wheel off gave me a chance to give it a thorough cleaning and inspection, the counter balance weights and tire beading looked fine. Tire alignment on the other hand is a bit of a concern as I did all the work myself. This is my first HD but I've been around motorcycles the better part of 25 years (rear wheel installs on sportbikes for track days were pretty common). I have the proper HD rear wheel alignment tool and belt tension gauge, all fasteners torqued per HD factory service manual. But all this does not make me a certified HD tech and i'm now second guessing my work. The only thing out of the ordinary is the rear wheel offset on the belt drive side which is normal for Harley's. I test rode more yesterday trying to induce a speed wobble (crazy right?) but wasn't able to reproduce the same conditions. I get noticeable rear end sway when leaned over on a high speed sweeper. Is this suppose to be normal? Checking fall away and rear wheel alignment today. Thanks for the feedback.
good rule of thumb is issues you feel in the front come from the back and vice versa. i wold check your fall away, and front wheel alignment. you should not get any sway and/or whobbles off a 21

Old 03-18-2014, 03:21 PM
MB-WideGlide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet looking sled .The 21 looks awesome
thanks for posting .

Old 03-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 728 Likes on 404 Posts

Great looking bike, very tastefully modified. I love the look of Switchbacks with spokes.

Quick Reply: 21 is DONE!