Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust options.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 08:39 AM
jaws52
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, today saw the short shots and thought about them actually.. So now I'm stuck once again, I really think the power vision is going to be the route I go, now I'm no bike mechanic, used to work on cars, still consider myself mechanically inclined.. How would you all consider the installation of this stuff?

Old 04-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Wranglin4Life
Tourer

The reason I wanted to go with BR 2-2 is mainly because of the look. Everyone and their brother has short shots because they are very inexpensive. I wanted to be a bit different.

As far as the tuner goes... Do you plan to do future mods? Heads / Cam / Engine upgrades in general?

As far as installation... anyone can do this stuff with the right tools and right amount of patience. Its not difficult. Get a torque wrench if you dont already have one. Get a buddy to help you hold stuff in place and move stuff around. Get a 6 pack and get to work. Lol

Old 04-03-2014, 09:37 AM
jaws52
Cruiser

To be honest I don't know what I might to do this bike afterwards, It could become my wife's bike eventually when I upgrade to a street glide. So it's kind of an open book actually

Old 04-04-2014, 09:24 PM
powerlab
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default pipe

i run the v&hs comp series pipe

Attached Thumbnails Exhaust options.-cid__0505131649.jpg  
Old 04-04-2014, 09:46 PM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jaws52
Yep, today saw the short shots and thought about them actually.. So now I'm stuck once again, I really think the power vision is going to be the route I go, now I'm no bike mechanic, used to work on cars, still consider myself mechanically inclined.. How would you all consider the installation of this stuff?
Short shots are probably the easiest pipes to install. Air cleaner is a one beer job, and power vision couldn't be easier.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:13 AM
blueridge
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default installation of pipes and stuff

jaws,

I installed my Big Shots and PowerVision and AC myself and it was not that hard. Hate to see someone go pay the steelership this money when you can and you as well as learn a bit about your bike in the process. I did have to have my son hold the pipes a little when I was adjusting to ensure they are a good fit to the flange but other than that I did it all myself.

I would make sure you have everything before tearing apart. I was missing a couple bolts and had to wait for VH to send me the parts and it took 2 freaking weeks as they said it was warranty work. I said this ain't warranty work...have not even installed on the bike so the warranty is not an issue.

So if you get your pipes. take everything out and ensure you have everything on hand before taking off your pipes unless you are ok with not riding while waiting for the bolts.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Dragon354
Cruiser

I have the V&H BR 2, 2 with the SE Heavy Breather. Until recently I just had the stage 1 DL from my dealer. I just did a cam swap with same exhaust and AC setup and did a stage 2 DL. Sounds absolutly awesome with no issuse what so ever.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:26 PM
jaws52
Cruiser

Wellllll.. Pulled the trigger today, power vision, short shots and stage one air cleaner. Will be at my house Thursday and will be installing it shortly there after! Fricken stoked! Bike only has about 580 miles on it now, can't wait for tons more!

Old 04-11-2014, 09:09 AM
William Hutton
Stage III
Question Options

I just bought a 97 fxdwg and love it, but it came with a 2:1 exhaust that looked awful. I put v&H competition drag pipes and love the new tone. What are some ideas for an intake to match and is there any other mods I should consider to really dial the bike in? Runs fine now, just curious if I should be doing more? Thx all

Old 04-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Wranglin4Life
Tourer

Originally Posted by jaws52
Wellllll.. Pulled the trigger today, power vision, short shots and stage one air cleaner. Will be at my house Thursday and will be installing it shortly there after! Fricken stoked! Bike only has about 580 miles on it now, can't wait for tons more!
Well done! Wait til you fire it up after the exhaust, guarantee you cant stop grinning from ear to ear.

Quick Reply: Exhaust options.