Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebags that actually fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 02:18 PM
jojo2dog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jack Russell, the bags really look good. what year is the bike, I went to there web sight and it stated you have to move the turn signals on 2006 and newer. I see you did not have to do that. if you could I would like to have the measurement between your turn signal and shock, and know if you had to squeeze them in place. would love to put the bags on a 2008 fxd but don't want to move turn signals ----------------thanks

Old 05-10-2014, 10:57 AM
Jack Russell
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jojo2dog
jack Russell, the bags really look good. what year is the bike, I went to there web sight and it stated you have to move the turn signals on 2006 and newer. I see you did not have to do that. if you could I would like to have the measurement between your turn signal and shock, and know if you had to squeeze them in place. would love to put the bags on a 2008 fxd but don't want to move turn signals ----------------thanks
The bike is a 09 fxdc, i believe the measurement between the signal and shock is 13"-13.5"? these are throw overs, the only way to keep the signals stock. and yes i do have to squeeze them in between a very little bit.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:10 AM
jojo2dog
Road Captain

thanks for your time and answer, the measurements would be the same on my fxd , yours fit the best that I have seen so we will be going with leatherworks thanks again-------tom

Old 05-10-2014, 11:41 AM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I have the Willie & Max medium throw over slants on mine. They fit nicely between the shocks and turn signals. Great for weekend overnighters and small shopping trips. If I need more room, I've got a rear rack and I strap stuff to that. I've got a sheepskin thing that goes between my rear fender and the yoke of the bags, so no scratching.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Jack Russell
Cruiser
Default anytime

thanks for your time and answer, the measurements would be the same on my fxd , yours fit the best that I have seen so we will be going with leatherworks thanks again-------tom
I have been down that road,trying to find these bags,but very happy with them. if you want i can take some photos of the inside as well. the have an inner pocket for small item. Note: though, I ordered mine with out the handles on top. they look allot cleaner with the smooth top.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Jack Russell
Cruiser
Default link

here is the link:http://www.leatherworksinc.com/127-l.../#!prettyPhoto

Old 05-10-2014, 03:35 PM
jojo2dog
Road Captain

they don't look any were near as good in the add as they look on your bike, not having the handles on top makes a big difference in the look of the bags, they look a lot cleaner like the are made for the bike. I have to call them next week-----------------------------------------thanks again

Old 05-12-2014, 09:00 PM
jojo2dog
Road Captain

I talked with aimee this afternoon. and they had a pair of the 403t in stock, they have the flat top with no handle, and should give me plenty of room so I went with them. thanks again--------------------------tom

Old 05-14-2014, 12:13 PM
rfowler416
4th Gear
Default Much thanks

I knew I couldn't be the only one with this issue. I had decided to go with Bad&G, but apparently they're touring Europe and won't be processing orders until 6/20/14, then who knows how long until I actually get the bags. I can't wait a couple months, so I think I'll find some throwovers and mount them to the fender struts. I don't need them to be quick release, so I suppose a few leather straps would do the trick.

Old 05-14-2014, 12:42 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Received 704 Likes on 363 Posts

Subscribed! Looking for bags for the OL's Street Bob.

Quick Reply: Saddlebags that actually fit