Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 12:02 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by rednred
Will start by saying this is best thread on the site!

Finally getting my 14 closer to 'mine' (pics attached). Some changes are obvious - e.g. AC/exhaust (including HD tuner), rear shocks, led head and tail lights, laydown curved plate frame, sissy bar/luggage rack, seat, etc.
Some changes are not - e.g. predator front motor mount, ~1.5" tank lift, front signals relocated with HD kit, headlight and bars raised ~3/4 inch.
Future improvements include forks (also possibly rear shocks), signal lights to led and change exhaust to cobra el diablo or VH upswept 2-1.

I have ridden several of the new softtails and am being tempted by the new 114 (and new platform). The 107 isn't different enough to tempt me. Haven't ridden fat bob yet but so far my fav is fat boy s.

Has anyone else been tempted? if yes, by what new model? why?

Would you consider stage 2 ( or 3) instead of new? Which (2 or 3) would make it most like new 114 (except for vibes, of course)? ... or is either worthwhile?

Are any of the new 114 models worth the required 20K plus?

Just wanting to hear what others that have ridden new models are thinking.

Thanks!
After test riding several of the new bikes it really just reminded me how "dialed in" my bike is. I don't plan on upgrading my cruiser any time soon (if ever).

Old 11-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,253 Likes on 3,821 Posts

Originally Posted by JuanderBoy
Quick reminder: there are no sharp turns on dirt.
Little scratches on the pipes and fairing but the ego is severely bruised.

Sorry to see your LR down like that. Difficult to look at a sweet LR on the ground.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:13 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Took tomorrow off from work so I could enjoy the last decent day of the year to get a ride and winterize my LR. Winter is just about here.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:07 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Misson complete. Aired up the tires and ran out the tank yesterday. Filled up with V-Power and added Stabil. Was able to get a good 55-60 mile ride in. Battery tender hooked up and cover on bike. Hope to get a few warm days in Dec and Jan like last yeat but who knows.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:27 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Gotta say, the weather is probably one of the few things keeping me in California, don't know how you real winter guys do it...

Old 11-15-2017, 12:30 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 142 Posts

Hate to hear some of you have to put the bikes up for the winter. Mine is together after paint so I'll try to enjoy mine extra this winter. My wife worries I'll trade it in now since I always get rid of bikes after paint. Lovikng this one too much and as the saying goes they don't make them like this anymore.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:56 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Gotta say, the weather is probably one of the few things keeping me in California, don't know how you real winter guys do it...

Lived in the Midwest (IA, MN, WI, and IL) my whole life and just use to it. But over the years, I have gotten to dislike winter more and more. Really looking forward to retirement in 10 years and moving further south. Going out to your garage Dec, Jan and Feb and just looking at your bike is not much fun.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:09 AM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 154 Likes on 122 Posts
Default Year round riding

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Lived in the Midwest (IA, MN, WI, and IL) my whole life and just use to it. But over the years, I have gotten to dislike winter more and more. Really looking forward to retirement in 10 years and moving further south. Going out to your garage Dec, Jan and Feb and just looking at your bike is not much fun.
I live in N. Georgia, and not only do we have some great riding here and in TN. and N.C., but we can do it year round. Gonna be in the '60's today and it's mid-November. The huge toy run is 1st week in December, sometimes pleasant, sometimes cold, but we'll get around a thousand bikes...

Old 11-17-2017, 10:28 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,607 Likes on 3,069 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
I have lived on the west coast my entire life, from the bottom to the top. I lived in San Diego, all the way to Alaska and all in between.

You make the most of summer in the north.
I did 16 years in AK, with a bike in the garage for 6-7 months out of the year. You worked hard in the winter to pay the bills of summer

I gotta have at least some winter. I would lose my mind in SoCal again.

Old 11-18-2017, 04:55 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,428 Likes on 2,966 Posts

Yeah, SoCal has it's problems, but one good thing the politicians haven't been able to screw up, is motorcycling here. Rode today along the beach. Watched women's beach volleyball, in bikini's. (The women, NOT Norty!) 72F. Yeah, it sucks, don't come here...

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider