Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power vision, are you kidding me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 07:46 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got a Power Vision from Fuelmoto. Got it on yesterday and was supplied a map. It is not running properly. Looking to see if anybody has a map they would let me get a copy of
I have a 2011 Ultra touring. 107 motor. Level b heads 555 woods cams.

The map I got is 1012 107 tw555 bhd 21pvt

Thanks

Old 06-14-2014, 08:06 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by slozomby
dont need the autotune module. it does a fine job tuning with the built in software.

if your racing thats another story
using the stock narrow band o2 sensors is to maintain epa regulated emissions in closed loop area ( afr range of narrow band sensors is 14.3 to 15.2) that area would be fine in your cruise area 14.3- 14.6 for fuel mileage but its not going to help you in the other area were fuel is needed if you have just a stage 1 setup.
I wish i had just spend the money sooner for a proper tune than having spend the extra on the auto tune unit it had the high end ok but the low and mid range were way off too rich. and on the dyno the tuner hit area's that i had not been in and corrected tune. put 600 miles on bike best fuel mileage on interstate was 42mpg after tuned on a trip to the americade and back 50.3mpg highway. and runs soooooo much better.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Mikula
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by target64
I wish i had just spend the money sooner for a proper tune than having spend the extra on the auto tune unit it had the high end ok but the low and mid range were way off too rich. and on the dyno the tuner hit area's that i had not been in and corrected tune. put 600 miles on bike best fuel mileage on interstate was 42mpg after tuned on a trip to the americade and back 50.3mpg highway. and runs soooooo much better.
so you're saying don't bother buying the autotune, just pay to have it tuned properly after installing the PV? currently only AC and exhaust on the bike, and as much as i'd like to cam it and such i'm a believer in never tearing down a running bike.. so not sure which route to go

Old 06-14-2014, 09:47 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikula
so you're saying don't bother buying the autotune, just pay to have it tuned properly after installing the PV? currently only AC and exhaust on the bike, and as much as i'd like to cam it and such i'm a believer in never tearing down a running bike.. so not sure which route to go
not sure if you are running a basic fuelpac and its running good with no decel popping. leave it alone. by looking at your sig. once you get into the mods headwork, higher compression , cams, throttle body. dont waste your time with autotuning. if you change cams you will need some type of a tuner that can adjust fuel and timing which ever unit you choose. once you have ridden a bike with some work done to it you won't want to ride your stock bike any more!!!

Last edited by target64; 06-14-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:45 PM
ubersoldate
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't buy the auto tune. I just went with the standard powervision. I had a sluggish bike, that ran hot, and the constant popping was annoying.
I got rid of all that within minutes.
So for me, the $500 was totally worth it, I was tired of chasing theories, listening to the dealer, or getting advice on the net that seemed constantly wrong.

For what its worth!

Old 06-15-2014, 12:54 AM
Nickatnyt
Road Warrior
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts

Not sure why, but numerous replies on this post were deleted, including mine from yesterday.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:14 AM
jjtroutbum
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really ? Thats not cool !

Old 06-15-2014, 05:07 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

So Out of my own curiosity, would this be beneficial even if still using stock exhaust and air cleaner?

Old 06-15-2014, 06:58 AM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyville
So Out of my own curiosity, would this be beneficial even if still using stock exhaust and air cleaner?
It was for me. It comes with an improved stock tune already downloaded. Then I flashed the appropriate tune as I added intake then exhaust.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:06 AM
02fx4dude
Road Master
Received 251 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by ubersoldate
I didn't buy the auto tune. I just went with the standard powervision. I had a sluggish bike, that ran hot, and the constant popping was annoying.
I got rid of all that within minutes.
So for me, the $500 was totally worth it, I was tired of chasing theories, listening to the dealer, or getting advice on the net that seemed constantly wrong.

For what its worth!

The autotune addon is not required for most of us. The factory installed narrowband sensors can be use to dial in the VE tables fairly accurate. If you do a good job with the VE tables you will be close to target AFR in open loop.

Quick Reply: Power vision, are you kidding me?