Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Import bike mirrors on a HD

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 10:15 AM
1SAWB
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Import bike mirrors on a HD

So a few months ago I bought my first Harley / street bike ever. it's a 2005 Dyna Super Glide Custom W/EFI. a ton of parts already in it and a 95 incher S&S cam's Blah Blah Blah. and this is what it looked like the day I picked it up. ( note the ugly mirror's ) felt like I was in the UK riding a Vespa

Two things I hated about it right off the bat was the Mirrors and the exhaust. first on the hit list was the exhaust. I found a set of Vance and Hines short shots for $100.00 so that's what it got....for now

so next was the mirrors which for me where about as close to worthless as you could get. I'm not a small guy and even with the massive extensions I still looked at my shoulder's....useless so I went on a quest to find mirrors. I liked the mirrors that went under the bars but hated the round mirror. I wanted something more evil mean and nasty looking. I found out that a friend of mine owed a company that did mirrors and lever's for import bikes called CRG. I looked up his stuff and loved the look of the Arrow mirror but he has never had anyone try them on an HD.

so I ordered one and started playing. I finally came up with a plan. I took the demensions from the CRG adapter that normally would mount the mirror at the end of the bar and machined my own adapter so the the mirror would mount in the stock location with a single bolt. This is what I came up with

I couldn't wait to get home and last Friday to mock everything up. I ripped the mirror's off and threw the out in the desert. instantly it looked soooo much better. I then mocked up the left side and it was perfect. the hard side would be the right side so I moved over their. it too worked out perfect. in my excitement I forgot to take pics of the left side but you get the idea

don't mind the messy garage we just moved in
so the other mirror should be here today to do the left side. over all I love it. I can see behind me no problem and most of all zero vibration even with my billet grips and solid mounted bar's

Old 08-19-2014, 11:39 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 971 Likes on 734 Posts

Congrats on the new bike, looks nice. Those mirrors were odd, new ones will be much better. I can tell you like them from your smiling face in the mirror.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:02 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

that is so bad ***!!!! i love that spacer man!

Old 08-19-2014, 12:28 PM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work! Funny post. I noticed your facial expression in the mirror, lol

So it begins! I tossed my mirrors and reflectors first thing, first day, first hour ! And several thousand dollars later here I am finally out of stuff to buy.

Short shots for $100!! Nice score.