Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Temp on 2014 Dana WG

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 09:47 AM
Chappellsm
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Temp on 2014 Dana WG

I am looking for the average operating oil temp for my 2014 Wide Glide. I have a Vance and Hines FuelPak which gives me the readings from the ECM and I am showing temp average around 255 - 260. Of course this is summer in Texas and most of the riding is in the 95+ degree weather

Old 09-05-2014, 09:51 AM
airfuel
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty sure that you are reading Head temp, not oil temp. Those numbers are normal for head.

Last edited by airfuel; 09-05-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:58 AM
Chappellsm
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that info, I should have said one my questions was what temp is the ECM giving, and Head Temp makes more sense as it changes up and down quickly which oil would not change as fast

Old 09-05-2014, 10:43 AM
DJY
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If mine hits 300F, I start thinking of ways to cool it down. Like get moving or shut her down for a few.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:47 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

3 words: Wards Cooling Fans

Old 09-05-2014, 05:43 PM
06Sporty75
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, but if you put those goofy looking fans on you might as well just get a liquid cooled cruiser,

oil coolers look better, if that's head temp that's pretty good for 95 degree heat. just my oil gets to 246.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Rainmakr
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
+1

Originally Posted by 06Sporty75
yeah, but if you put those goofy looking fans on you might as well just get a liquid cooled cruiser,

oil coolers look better, if that's head temp that's pretty good for 95 degree heat. just my oil gets to 246.
I don't think they look bad at all!

Attached Thumbnails Oil Temp on 2014 Dana WG-photo-1.jpg   Oil Temp on 2014 Dana WG-photo-2.jpg  
Old 09-05-2014, 10:44 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by 06Sporty75

If you know anything about CHT and Texas temperatures, 255 - 260 is not anywhere near where you will be in stop and go riding.

I also prefer to ride that sit at home or cook my engine, oil coolers are nice if you are moving but not nearly as effective if you are stop and go. Plus I have a True Track stabilizer up front, so now I have a well behaved Dyna with great cooling.

After watching the first of your 9/11 videos, I now realize that I have wasted my time responding to you because you live in some other dimension...

Last edited by HD Pilot; 09-05-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

+1

Mine are all black and hardly even noticeable.

After watching the first of your 9/11 videos, I now realize that I have wasted my time responding to you because you live in some other dimension...

Old 09-06-2014, 01:24 PM
06Sporty75
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=
After watching the first of your 9/11 videos, I now realize that I have wasted my time responding to you because you live in some other dimension...[/QUOTE]

yeah, it's called reality, you ought to try it,, if terrorists are such a threat and the government really want to stop them then why do they leave the southern border wide open while grabbing American's crotches at airports and recording our phone calls?? because it's a scam, a 100% scam, everything this government tells us is complete bull crap and lies...just like last year when they staged that chemical weapons attack & tried to blame it on Assad so they could start a war in Syria, everyone saw though it, and everyone figured out the US govt was funding & arming "Al CIAidia" as the "Syrian rebels" so they had to change the name from "al Queda" to "Syrian Rebels" to "ISIS" .. they just changed the name to try to trick everyone again, and start the wars back up in Syria against Assad under the cover of fighting ISIS, same crap they did in Iraq, claiming to fight Al Qaeda all the while they were putting the radical Al Qaeda in power, training them in Afghanistan and arming them with Libyan Weapons and covering that up with the Benghazi incident,, all admitted by whistle blowers now,, any fool could see though this baloney, and it all started with the big lie of 911 which even a child can see is a complete phoney, they had Saudi agents run a drill that went live with remote control aircraft, 17 of the 19 were from Saudi arabia our ally and 6 of them are still proved to be alove by the way, yet for some reason the uSA invaded Afghanistan with no evidence of anything, complete fraud and scam.. just search "Obama gives weapons to Syrian rebels" it's all over the papers, right out in the open,, 7 ways to sunday one lie after another., ,,

so even 7 of the 13 911 commission say the official story is bull crap lies, but keep believing fairy tales..

http://www.examiner.com/article/hr-h...ntirely-untrue

okay don't believe them , how about the last man out of the WTC, he even says it's a phony

or barry Jennings, he says it's a fake too...

yep, keep listening to Obama, he tells you the truth every time..

Last edited by 06Sporty75; 09-06-2014 at 01:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Oil Temp on 2014 Dana WG