Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

LED Tail Light Wiring Problem.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 01:07 AM
TiminCanada
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Tail Light Wiring Problem.

I have a 2009 Dyna Street Bob. (Canadian)
It comes with an LED tail light and regular signal lights. The original signal lights also act as taillights/brake lights (ie they all come on when I hit the brakes).
I bought an LED taillight with integrated turn signal lights. I have most of it working but when I hit the brakes the orange LED signal lights come on and not the brake light. When I have the signal signal light activated and I hit the brakes then the red brake light will come on. The original wiring for the signal lights has three wires and this one only needs one. I got them flashing right (not fast etc.) but when I hit the brakes I don't get the right brake light coming on. If I disconnect the signal lights than the brake light works fine. I have tried all kinds of combinations. Do I need some kind of module or something? Is there a different way of wiring it?
Any help would be appreciated before I tear the rest of my hair out!
Thanks, Tim.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:55 PM
ssleeper
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but I ran a search & this is the most relevant thread to my issue I could find.

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm having this exact issue w/ my '16 Low Rider S. I like the bobbed/chopped fender look & don't care for any of the license plate relocations I've seen.